Can't get to Site with IE 7

Mudd

I'm trying IE7. Of all the sites that are OK, this one I can't get New Post Topics, My Assistant, or New Replies. So, I can't see what is new.

I can go to the individual topics and read all.

I have put CC Forum in trusted zone. I have set the pop up blocker to allow pop ups on CC pages. Still, no success.

If someone has a suggestion for a fix and posts, hope I can find it!

Mudd

I'm trying IE7. Of all the sites that are OK, this one I can't get New Post Topics, My Assistant, or New Replies. So, I can't see what is new.

I can go to the individual topics and read all.

I have put CC Forum in trusted zone. I have set the pop up blocker to allow pop ups on CC pages. Still, no success.

If someone has a suggestion for a fix and posts, hope I can find it!

Please disregard the above post. To many problems so I will revert to IE6 and tomorrow try Fire Fox.

Mudd

Are you saying that you have never tried FF yet Mudd?

If so, you really should, that was the reason I joined this forum in the first place because so many people here were so keen on it and I had been using it for so long before joining here that it just seemed natural to join.

• Moderators

Actually your problem may not be IE7. The forum has been pretty laggy lately but I know MrG is trying to work it out. Were you having problems on other sites too?

As for downgrading I would keep IE7 just for the security upgrades(no matter how small.)

Anyway I highly recommend you still give firefox a try. The new version just came out and you can get it here:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Mozil...ws/1032985422/1

Then look here for some suggestions on extensions. B)

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=6328

(especially adblock and filter set g updater)

Are you saying that you have never tried FF yet Mudd?

If so, you really should, that was the reason I joined this forum in the first place because so many people here were so keen on it and I had been using it for so long before joining here that it just seemed natural to join.

That's correct, I have never used FireFox. I've seen other computers with it on there but------, well you will have to wait until you are old and mentally challenged with new things! :unsure:

I have it download and installed now. It is strange to me. I've gone through most things and getting familiar with it. Feel sure after a period of time I'll get the hang of it and be well satisfied.

Thanks all for responding. Bet if I have any problems you all are still there. Thanks again for the replies.

Mudd

well you will have to wait until you are old and mentally challenged with new things! :unsure:

I know the score there Mudd, my dad who is 74, (the same age bracket as you I believe), would rather strip down and rebuild a car than deal with new technology.

Although I have put FF on his computer, but I doubt he uses it.

I know the score there Mudd, my dad who is 74, (the same age bracket as you I believe), would rather strip down and rebuild a car than deal with new technology.

Although I have put FF on his computer, but I doubt he uses it.

Good to hear from you CaPMan. Your Dad is only a couple years ahead of me! I understand exactly how he feels. I was a Mechanic's son and worked with my Dad for years. There was nothing I couldn't do in the old days. I get a headache when I open the hood (I think it's Bonnet there), and see all the crap I would have to know. I leave it to the new generation to solve my problems. :)

Going to try FireFox As most everyone on the Forum seems to be a FireFox fan, should get a lot of help when needed.

Mudd

Yep, we do call it a bonnet. I have just gone back in time as far as cars are concerned, from a 1995 car that was over complicated to a 1992 car that has hardly anything under the bonnet. I now enjoy working on cars again, computers are second best now for the time being.

As for FF, you will enjoy and you will get all the help you need here.

Yep, we do call it a bonnet. I have just gone back in time as far as cars are concerned, from a 1995 car that was over complicated to a 1992 car that has hardly anything under the bonnet. I now enjoy working on cars again, computers are second best now for the time being.

As for FF, you will enjoy and you will get all the help you need here.

Don't want to clog the Forum with this but for interest my first vehicle was a 1929 Model A Ford. Dad bought it for me to use for school transportation. We lived on the far edge of our school district. I can still work on it and get it running smooth as silk, in my memory of course. It is probably many tools in China by now!

Mudd

Awesome, and I bet you wish you still had it and in mint condition, think of the value it would have!

Yes I do, and also the 1940 Red Convertible with the White Top and White Leather Seats, and (the pretty young blond that used to ride with me!). Aw, golden memories.

Mudd

Getting back on topic, how are you getting on with FF, Mudd?

Great I guess. Don't know how an old man supposed to feel. I know it's not a 40 yr old should feel, but, "Hey what the heck!"

Since I quit worrying about my self and wondering what's going to happen and when, I've got it made!!

Mudd