About the TOOLS icon

Jim Reid

Hi I'm new to the board. I just ran the CCleaner, Nice gave me an extra 1 gig! But I'm not sure about the TOOLS icon.. That seems to bring up my Program files, some I need. Some I don't need (how to isolate & remove if it can be done) Theres lots of MS hotfixes there -- those I'm not sure of what to do?

along with: Updates for winxp..security updates for xp? not sure what to remove? thanks all for your time..Jim

Welcome to the CCleaner Forums Jim! :)

The Tools section allows you to uninstall software and remove startup programs.

For a more in-depth explanation read the CCleaner Beginner's Guide.

Thanks for the reply.... I read the website on Help... I running WinXP home.. Looks like everything in the Tools area I need. Its a Program File that I use, will use again. Any comments on the: About 60 "Security Updates for Windows XP (KB12345)" and, I have the same amount of "Windows XP Hotfix (KB12345)" And MS general updates..ect... If I remove them, do I remove whatever it fixed/patched?? TIA Jim

I leave the tools section alone. My way of thinking is that they are there for a reason and I'd rather have them there and not know what they do than delete them and find out! :D

thats what I thought...thx. for the reply...Jim

where it gives you options to uninstall programs, its the same as going to the control pannel and clicking on add and remove.

its an easy way to install programs if you just need to use them once.

:D