IE 7

Woody

• Moderators

What is this site advisor you refer to?

Site advisor:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/

Basically it tells you if pages you visit are good or bad. :) Here is a better explanation:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ff.html

Is anybody using Maxthon with IE7. How is this going?

It works fine. Just the same as before, maybe a little faster.

rridgely,

You say that Maxthon is working fine. Did you uninstall Maxthon before you installed IE7 or did you just install IE7 and leave Maxthon as it was? I have read that it might be a good idea to uninstall any IE plugins/addons like Google Tool Bar as well as the shell browsers that run off it like Maxthon/Avant before you install IE7. Than after IE7 is installed you can reinstall them again.

• Moderators

I didn't have maxthon installed when I installed IE. I just used the installer that I had saved the last time I tried it a few days ago. It worked fine but I'm not sure if you need to reinstall it or not(I don't see why you would though).

It worked fine but I'm not sure if you need to reinstall it or not(I don't see why you would though).

Well Maxthon is really just a big addon for IE. I would think it could cause some problems when updating to IE7 if it was installed when the update is done.

you what :P

also, i'm starting to hate IE. i just lost my menu bar and my tab bar and i can't seem to get it back. this is sweet!

I have a feeling that this roll out of IE7 is going to be a night mare for many. I am going to hold off on it untill I see how it goes.

you what :P

also, i'm starting to hate IE. i just lost my menu bar and my tab bar and i can't seem to get it back. this is sweet!

Try this click on the tools button far right make sure the menu bar has a check beside it then right under that is toolbars select what ever options you want to show hope that works for you.

• Moderators

Did anyone else happen to notice what else MS included with IE 7?

• Right click IE desktop icon > Start without Add-ons
    Also available in: All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)

This must be their answer to all the toolbars and crap that can infest IE.

anyone having problems keeping "cookies enabled" to save certain log on sites like this one. The couple of times I have downloaded IE7 I lost all my saved user names and whatever passwords I had saved. Is it just me? It's driving me crazy :(

• Moderators

If you use ccleaner Tom, untick -delete index.dat files- in ccleaner windows settings. If you have ccleaner set to run at start uo untick that too.

This should stop your problem until ccleaner becomes compatable with IE 7

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

If you use ccleaner Tom, untick -delete index.dat files- in ccleaner windows settings. If you have ccleaner set to run at start uo untick that too.

This should stop your problem until ccleaner becomes compatable with IE 7

That's great info. ~ Thanks

do you know for sure that is the problem (hope so)

Now I just may reinstall IE 7 :)

it's not really a problem. it's a feature. it also happens with IE6 so don't bother.

Hey John ~ my problem in the past with IE7 is that I couldn't keep any saved user names or passwords on specific sites (like this one) I would have to re enter everything whereas with IE6 I'm able to go right on to the site because my user name and password were saved

Thanks for the reply

I will certainly give it a try by the end of the week and report back :):)

Thanks

:D Well I've had it installed and rebooted a couple of now and all seems A OK. So far all my saved usernames and such are still there. Get back to you guys tomorrow to give the final verdict :D

Very happy camper at this point. ~ Thanks

Here it is Wednesday...Everything is saved. Thanks much for the help! :)

Internet Explorer 7 will come looking for you!

Article

I downloaded IE7 and endured it for 6days before reverting to IE6 again. From a personal viewpoint, i really dont recommend anyone using IE7 as i had numerous problems with it. I feel strongly that it should not have been put out to the public yet, as it certainly does not seem "fit for use". This is reflected in requests for help in the Microsoft Discussions Group. Internet Explorer, General Discussions, and in fact other areas.

Would anyone have the same experiences as me or am i alone in my views of the IE7 latest downoad