Right Click Not Working

skipferg

Installed CCleaner yesterday and freed up some space - GOOD! However, since doing so, the right click button on my MS wireless mouse no longer works. When the cursor is laid on a file, folder or desktop icon and I right click, I get nothing.

How do I restore right click capability? Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and did no good.

If uninstalling , rebooting then reinstalling does not work, hopefully you created a restore point before installing CCleaner.

Restore to that point and hopefully your mouse will work. It is doubtful CCleaner affected the functions of the mouse. Try reinstalling using a wired mouse.

Sorry for small offtopic.

But really, in such a small time, there has been so many bugs/issues. Does newest version have some serious coding problems? As there appears to be some weird things like losing Desktop icons, mouse problems, an so on, after installing and running CCleaner. Some of these even shouldn't be "cleaned" or "fixed" by this software. Haven't had any of these issues yet, but I'm beginning to lose faith on CCleaner.

-Spy

• Moderators

But really, in such a small time, there has been so many bugs/issues. Does newest version have some serious coding problems? As there appears to be some weird things like losing Desktop icons, mouse problems, an so on, after installing and running CCleaner. Some of these even shouldn't be "cleaned" or "fixed" by this software. Haven't had any of these issues yet, but I'm beginning to lose faith on CCleaner.

These issues have been reported for a long time not just in current versions and may be very system dependent according someones configuration/mis-configuration. However it could be related to something that has absolutely nothing to even do with CCleaner such as the Windows Environment Variables which I think CCleaner should actually start checking to make sure a temp folder isn't mapped to something important like My Documents.

Also registry cleaners as I've found out can determine valid shortcuts as invalid, for what reason I don't know and have no explanation for it.

Using other registry cleaners without any Windows registry knowledge of what's safe to remove and what should be left alone can also be the culprit which CCleaner detects and cleans up after.

In my views it's going to take a long time poster either on these forums or from another forum with some credibility to confirm CCleaner misbehaving to make sure it isn't some sort of competitor warfare - and yes it does exist even in freeware products.

Edit:

Allot of "bugs" mentioned are from first time posters that post the issue and never return which makes me wonder!!!

Note:

My above statement is no disrespect to you skipferg and welcome to the CCleaner Forums - it's just what's been the norm over the past year or so about bug reporting.

Guess I'm to reply in this window - hope I have it right. I tried a reinstall with a wired mouse, did not good. But interestingly, when I hit various combinations of "F", Caps and Numeral lock on the remote relay device from the MS wireless keyboard/mouse assembly, I always get a combination (constantly varying) of keys that will allow me the right click function.

I regret that I had so much confidence in this that I didn't ensure my Restore Point had been established, and having just done a defrag, that was deactivated.

I'm ok for now though, and appreciate the input from all. I'll be more prepared next time I attempt to install freeware.

Paul

These issues have been reported for a long time not just in current versions and may be very system dependent according someones configuration/mis-configuration. However it could be related to something that has absolutely nothing to even do with CCleaner such as the Windows Environment Variables which I think CCleaner should actually start checking to make sure a temp folder isn't mapped to something important like My Documents.

Also registry cleaners as I've found out can determine valid shortcuts as invalid, for what reason I don't know and have no explanation for it.

Using other registry cleaners without any Windows registry knowledge of what's safe to remove and what should be left alone can also be the culprit which CCleaner detects and cleans up after.

In my views it's going to take a long time poster either on these forums or from another forum with some credibility to confirm CCleaner misbehaving to make sure it isn't some sort of competitor warfare - and yes it does exist even in freeware products.

Edit:

Allot of "bugs" mentioned are from first time posters that post the issue and never return which makes me wonder!!!

Note:

My above statement is no disrespect to you skipferg and welcome to the CCleaner Forums - it's just what's been the norm over the past year or so about bug reporting.