Not cleanint TEMP directory on second hard drive

mzullo

First off , this is an excellent product.

I installed a second hard drive and moved my windows TEMP directory to the new drive. CCleaner doesn't clean up files in the new temp diretory. I have the enviroment variable TMP and TEMP set to the new drive

• Moderators

I guess CCleaner determines the temporary file folder by using the %TMP% or %TEMP% environmental variable.

I suppose and the variables can be confirmed or changed by:

Right click My Computer select Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables

My question is related. I have two hard drives, C & G. When I ran the Ccleaner, it only did the C drive. How do I get it to do the G drive too?

tandalatom

As far as I know, the operating system can only have one temporary folder. The temporary folder is defined in the %TMP% and %TEMP% environment variables. The other temp folder you have on G: might not be a *real* temp folder.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

First off , this is an excellent product.

I installed a second hard drive and moved my windows TEMP directory to the new drive. CCleaner doesn't clean up files in the new temp diretory. I have the enviroment variable TMP and TEMP set to the new drive

I uninstalled , then re-installed and it now cleans my temp directory on the j:\ drive. It must identify the temp directory at install time.