RegSeeker 1.50

Humpty

Update log:

Version 1.50

- Improved Registry cleaner (with experimental invalid services)

- Improved Registry Finder (within binary keys)

- Perform 1 click full cleaning (Auto Clean)

- Command line switch for cleaning (%regseeker path%\regseeker.exe /autoclean). Specify cleaning options in the Auto Clean panel

- Ability to specify backup names

- More entries listed in History/Open files - Old Start Menu items

- New interface

- some bugs fixed (like "Incide hors limite" / language selection)

• Moderators

FYI - Regseeker removes CCleaner's custom files and folders list (on my PC, at least). I had to add the entry to Regseeker's exclusions.

Yup! And for anyone about to update over the already installed version make sure you backup your exclude.ini file and then merge it with the new one.

Yup! And for anyone about to update over the already installed version make sure you backup your exclude.ini file and then merge it with the new one.

Okay. Thanks for the tip Andavari. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

I wonder if RegSeeker is actually still freeware after looking at Order.doc? I have no ideal.

On a side note I've added the new additions from the v1.50 exclude.ini file into my own compiled exclude.ini, and if anyone wants it download it here.

I'm not sure if it matters, but the old version's exclude.ini seemed different from the new one. I added the line for CCleaner manually, but added it again after a scan, just in case. The new entry had a different syntax.

I have no ideal.

Hi , Andavari, why the "l" on the end of idea?

Just curious. You do obviously know that idea and ideal are two very different words. We English find you Americans extremely baffling sometimes. :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Just curious. You do obviously know that idea and ideal are two very different words. We English find you Americans extremely baffling sometimes. :D

Woodyl I hope you are kidding. <_<

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Woodyl I hope you are kidding. <_<

Nol I aml notl kiddiingl. Whyl dol youl dol itl? :D

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

just had a run with default setting, it's very aggressive, I got some green detections which actually DO exist in my system, they're neither obsolete nor invalid entries . I always truste green detections in 1.45, but it seems I should put an eye on the result in this beta version. beware!!

• Moderators

I have no idea why I always spell ideal that way. :P

But then again I don't always spell things the "American" way with words like honour ("honor") and so forth.

Well I thumb my nose at everyone that thinks us Americans are strange and what not because TinySpell, MS Word, and a few other spell checkers state that spelling it idea and ideal isn't a typo - so there. :P

just had a run with default setting, it's very aggressive, I got some green detections which actually DO exist in my system, they're neither obsolete nor invalid entries . I always truste green detections in 1.45, but it seems I should put an eye on the result in this beta version. beware!!

I'm just about always double clicking entries RegSeeker finds just to make sure they're safe to remove and in most cases they are safe, but sometimes they aren't then I exclude them. It's also a good to check the backup .reg file(s) to make sure it didn't remove too much like a bunch of settings when it was only supposed to remove a reference to a no longer existing file.

For anyone that downloaded the previous customized exclude.ini file in my post above, it's been updated and is available in exclude2.zip listed below. There's a few more exclusions including protection for Windows Environment Varibles.

Thanks for that excluded2 zip Andavari. :)

Only prob I had were entries being flagged in Comodos firewall whitelist which were invalid.

These entries related to different browsers I had installed and run via Sandboxie.

I had to shutdown Comodo in order for these entries to be removed.

• Moderators

Nobody answered the question if it still was a free program...

From their website: RegSeeker is FREE for personal use only !

Free is exactly what I'm wondering but solely because the included order.doc file would suggest otherwise. I suppose if it goes past the normal for other programs 30 days trial then it probably is still freeware, however it seems like wait and see. In any event I still have 1.45 Beta archived.

(18oct06) RegSeeker updated to version 1.51.

Changes:

- Improved invalid Add/Remove entry

- Fix issue where RegSeeker could close on some PC while cleaning the registry

- Fix issue where RegSeeker couldn't delete some registry entries (due to security rights)

- Fix issue "Drive not ready. insert a disk"

(20oct06) RegSeeker updated to verison 1.52.

Changes:

- Safer registry cleaner / export handling protected keys

- Fix issue with IE Flashplayer activeX control

- For Flash : try restoring Flash with merging FlashPlayer9.reg (double-click on file)

- Fix issue with "Type de donnes incorrectes pour Path"

- Ability to disable Office style menu which may cause some problem on Win9x (put disablexpmenu=1 in file lang.ini)