Windows XP Quick Launch Customizations Lost after running CCLeaner

RipNYC

Hi,

The ordering of my Quick Launch shortcuts are lost after running CCleaner. I've noticed this happen several times.

I have deselected Menu Order Cache from the Windows tab of the CCleaner Settings. I'm assuming that this is the applicable setting. Here are my settings:

CCleanerSettings_1.jpg

CCleanerSettings_2.jpg

Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening?

Just to clarify, I'm not losing my Quick Launch bar, just the ordering of my Quick Launch shortcuts (which are all valid). Also, I'm not sure if this matters but I've customized my Task Bar so that it shows two rows of tasks (programs) along with two rows of Quick Launch shortcuts. I did this by unlocking the taskbar and dragging it up one level and then re-locking it. In addition, my first row of Quick Launch shortcuts (five of them) seems to be stable and these shortcuts do not become disordered.

TaskBar.jpg

Thanks for any help you can provide!

RIP

welcome to the forums :D

i think it would be old prefetch data under advanced.

if that doesnt seem to be it, try unchecking all of the options then select them one at a time so we can figure out whats doing this :)

-aaron

Prefetch shouldn't be cleaned often. It can be good to clean it once in a while, but I don't think it is something that should be cleaned often.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

I don't think its prefetch.(1. It doesn't make sense, and 2. I've had that checked forever and it doesn't redo my quicklaunch.)

Uncheck everything under the advanced section first and see if it still happens. If one of those isn't it start unchecking stuff under windows explorer.

This has been reported a few times but I don't think anyones figured it out, and I haven't ever had this happen with ccleaner on any of the computers I've put it on.

• Moderators

Try starting with explorer Other MRU's

Maybe, however I think I remember some discussion not to long ago about Quick Launch getting messed up. It turned out it doesn't effect all PC's only a certain few, and that status of being effected or not can change if Windows is re-installed as I found out because CC no longer messes with the Quick Launch toolbar on my system.

It was definately something enabled and used under the 'Cleaner->Advanced' section which I couldn't confirm exactly what it was because it no longer breaks the Quick Launch feature on my system.