about firefox

vecchio

hy

i am a new firefox user

so i have some doubt:

in the moment of doing a download using the internet explorer, I receive the question to "open or to "save" the file

if i using the firefox the default question is "what the firefox should do? "

the option to open the file exists but this option still desable and I don't see a way to enabling

the only option I have is the for saving the file

after i save the file I am asked if I want to open

this is the default configuration of the firefox?if the answer is yes why the initial question of the moment of the donwload",open with" appears desabled?

which are the real advantages of using firefox?what i have to do to dowload the security updatings of the windows?

thank you

this is actually to make firefox safer to use.

you can open some things without saving them such as .zip files.

this is the default config for FF and i dont think it can be changed.

hope ive shed some light. :D

ive only been using it for a couple months but to me:

1. its faster
  2. its safer
  3. theres extensions for just about anything you want
  4. tabbed browsing
  5. more control over annoying websites/ads
  6. Google/Yahoo/Amazon/Etc. searchbar.

Maybe this Article will be of some help.

Just because you switch to Firefox, it does not mean that you have to abandon IE. You can use which ever one you like. Indeed you can have them both open at the same time if you want to.

As for windows updates, you can get these by going through IE in the usuall way or by using a Firefox extension such as IE tab

Hope this helps.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Well, try out both Firefox and Opera and decide which one you like the best.

Both are good standards-compliant web browsers and both are better than Internet Explorer.

Personally I use Firefox myself, and I like it alot. I am pleased with it. I like that it has extensions and I use adblock to get rid of banners and advertisement.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

thanks to all to quick reply for my questions

i will use the W O N D E R F U L L firefox however i have read something about ie be faster than firefox to load some pages

thanks

Since a lot of you are using Firefox - are you also using the Extension "Google Toolbar for Firefox?"

If so, can you tell me how I can add "Google Toolbar for Firefox" to the winapps2.ini? Currently CCleaner does not clear the Search History (drop-down box) on this Google Toolbar - it only clears the recent seraches on the Google Toolbar for IE (both version 3 & 4 - and I think they are located in the winapps.ini). Just not the Firefox version.

Thanks

i am really sorry but i dont know how can u do this..sorry but i cant help with that issue.. but is always a pleasure if i can help anybody with other issues

about ie be faster than firefox to load pages is it real or joke?

my dear andavari

im testing firefox now..its really fast

I heard information on firefox to be more safer than ie for navegation because its almost impossible to be iivaded for a hacker.that is correct?

forgiveme if I hardly ever get to collaborate in forum.but always pleasure in collaborate whenever possible

thanks for you help

veccio asked:

I heard information on firefox to be more safer than ie for navegation because its almost impossible to be iivaded for a hacker.that is correct?

General differences between IE und the two alternative Browsers (FF and Opera) are: (Guess you knew that already...)

a. Opera and Firefox both are only acting on a "System-Surface-Area" - meaning, both Browsers are actually not linked into the deeper part of the Operating-System, where it might be possible to infect sensitive System-Files. (IE does so, if not configured properly). >>> Acting on the Surface.

b. Opera and Firefox both don?t know any "MS-JS" and "MS-Active-X-Elements". (Active-X-Elements usually do have full System-Rights if used under IE and an Administrative-Account - wich can pose a danger). >>> No dangerous Scripts.

c. Opera and Firefox both are taking advantage of a "reduced Java-Script-Set" that is acting in a kind of "Sandbox". >>> Reduced Java-Script-Functions.

d. Opera's SPARQL- and Firefox?s Gecko-Engine are still performing much faster, concerning Webpage-Loading, as IE?s Trident-Engine. >>> Faster Engine.

The Google-Toolbar is an external function element that all three Browsers can revert to and that actually uses coloring of the URL-Bank to warn before Spyware-Sites. (My personal oppinion is - not to use it - you can never know in how far Google takes advantage of the informations wandering accross their servers).

Concerning your inquiry to be "save" of any Hackers, the installation of Firefox or Opera definately won?t do the trick alone.

You definately need to shut down unnecessary Services under Windows XP und probably take advantage of a Firewall "just after" a clean and sober System-Installation. (Installing a Firewall after your System has already been infected, doesn?t make any sense).

Oliver

thanks for everyone to colaboration

last question

what means thr safe mode in thunderbird and firefox?

again thank you for ani colaboration

It loads the application without any extensions which is useful if your install an extension that manage to break the application.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Firefox is open source and has fewer issues compared to IE. There will be times that you will have to use IE due to people being unfamiliar/unwilling to code their web material for a different browser. Firefox is inherently more secure and stable using the defaults. You can do a lot with it to customize how it performs for you. The previous answers are to the point as well.

I do a manual Cookie clean of Firefox every day in addition to allowing. This is in addition to running CCleaner and Ad Aware has kept my system up to par without any negative consequences. Just my 2 cents....