Ewido name change

Humpty

Latest ewido was like 4.0 and there never was any AVG Anti-Spyware before.

"Lets put the version at 7.5 it will look like its been around and done the test of time". :D

"Try new Anti-spyware 125.8!" :D

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I now hate the name but not the program. The name is cheesy and needs to be returned BACK to Ewido.

The GUI is still the same but with abit of an Improvement :)

I always like the new blue highlighted content buttons. I don't like Orange so I perfer blue over Orange :lol:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I prefer the blue over the old orange one too. :)

Ha, at least blue goes with the Interface... :rolleyes:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Tried to do a scan from the context menu with AGV Anti-Spyware program It wouldnt run unless the program was open. I uninstalled it and deleted the folder after a reboot reinstalled and updated it still same thing. So I removed it again and deleted the folder upon reboot installed ewido 4.0 old version updated it and it worked fine mabe a bug or something all other scan from context menu type programs work fine before and after so Its something to do with the AGV program on my end at least.

• Moderators

Had the same problem res45 so it's not just at your end. Did a context scan and avg 7.5 froze, the taskbar icon wouldn't work or the desktop shortcut open at all. Had to reboot. All ok now but am just using etrust context scan for now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

The context menu scan works on my system.

However I discovered a problem with AVG Anti-Spyware and that is if you boot into Safe Mode it will cause the Resident Shield to be deleted from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"

Trying to re-create the key which is named !AVG Anti-Spyware may be an illegal name to use to start a program because RegEdit refused to allow the key, which I suspect may be because of the ! at the beginning of the app name.

So if anyone else runs into this problem you can still use the Resident Shield by creating a shortcut in the Startup folder that has these parameters:

"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized