K-Meleon?

JeremyWW

First check 'Custom Files and Folders' in the Advanced section of Cleaner Settings/Windows.

Go to Options, select Custom, click Add Folder, and add the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\K-Meleon\default\Cache

C:\Program Files\Profiles\K-Meleon\default\Cache

That should cover you. I'm guessing you'll have to have KM closed before running CCleaner, as you would for Firefox.

• Moderators

FYI, K-Meleon was suppose to be in the this release. But, due to the short time I gave him (when I sent it to him) he didn't have the time to add it in. But, it should be in the next release.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Well, thanks for all the info!!

Would you mind giving me a link to the AdBlock version you used, and how you installed it for KM? I tried it the other day and KM wouldn't start after I'd tried to add AdBlock. Maybe I used the wrong version...?? BTW, I think KM is a hell of a lot better than FF. faster and far more customisable....

Thanks again, Jeremy.

Back again...

mfenech, I'm using the latest version of K-Melion (1.02) and neither of the paths you suggest exist!...Can't find them anywhere - so currently I guess I'll have to wait for the next CCleaner version. Thanks anyway..

Jeremy

Back again...

mfenech, I'm using the latest version of K-Melion (1.02) and neither of the paths you suggest exist!...Can't find them anywhere - so currently I guess I'll have to wait for the next CCleaner version. Thanks anyway..

Jeremy

if you find the paths where the program stores data then you can add it manually. If you don't know where this is, use the Search facility in Windows to find files that have been amended or created today, the path to the folders you need should be there.

Back again...

Jeremy

I use Win2000. I assumed you had XP and from what I know, the paths should be the same. Sorry if I'm wrong. Do what Robbie suggested - file-search the word 'cache' and look for the KM folders in the results.

Well, thanks for all the info!!

Would you mind giving me a link to the AdBlock version you used, and how you installed it for KM? I tried it the other day and KM wouldn't start after I'd tried to add AdBlock. Maybe I used the wrong version...?? BTW, I think KM is a hell of a lot better than FF. faster and far more customisable....

Thanks again, Jeremy.

You can find the latest build here: http://adblockplus.org/development-builds/...making-progress

Follow the instructions on that page.

I use Win2000. I assumed you had XP and from what I know, the paths should be the same. Sorry if I'm wrong. Do what Robbie suggested - file-search the word 'cache' and look for the KM folders in the results.

You can find the latest build here: http://adblockplus.org/development-builds/...making-progress

Follow the instructions on that page.

There is no 'cache' as such. The latest version of KM seems to use a proprietary database file of some sort, so I guess we need the functionality built into ccleaner for this to work with the latest KM.

I'll check out AdBlock but maybe the reason it crashed my KM is that there's been some fundamental changes to the architecture / file structure in this latest version.

Thanks, Jeremy

Those will be in the cache also. You'll have to wait for CCleaner to include KM for cookies protection to be available.

Nope, Cookies don't get cleaned...they must be somewhere else. Cache is being cleaned with no problem.

Jeremy

• 4 months later...

Has K-Meleon been added yet? I looked for the above mentioned folders and couldn't find them either. Nothing under Document and Settings for any user, which, I'd think there would be. However I did find cache under C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\Profiles\default\Cache, but I have 10 cache folders. After running CCleaner, I now have a Cache Trash Folder under K-Meleon. Anyone know if I can delete all but one cache folder. I can't see why it would have 10 unless it had created a new one each time. :unsure: (WinXP SP2)

<Edit>

Well.....I went ahead and deleted all the extra caches & all seems well. :) CCleaner is deleting them along with the trash folder. Sorry for answering my own question here....but where does K-Mealon store the cookies or does it "really" delete them all on the toolbar?