My personal Website

Admiral Ross

Hello All!

I just finished up most of my work on my new website. Check it out and provide some feedback.

http://stb575.com

Thanks,

I took a quick look around and will be visiting back again soon.

I really like the colors and the setup on the homepage [and the other pages]. The attack map is very interesting but the white background is so bright and the style is quite a bit more basic than the high tech look of the rest of the page so it kind of distracts. It seems to leap off the page. Is there possibly a way to darken the background?

I think the 911 pictures and info are very interesting. I used to be almost obsessed with 911 and looking through the pictures brings some of that back. But that's good and that's important to me because as painful as it can be, We Must Never Forget.

On the 911 info pages could you add links to the official government reports? At the moment I can't remember the organization that produced the lengthy technical report with many photos and diagrams included. I'll look for it and let you know what it's title is if you're interested. I'm sure the material linked to on your site refers to it but I haven't read through most of it yet.

Lastly, would you consider adding a page for Flight 800 information and theories? I was watching TV that night and in the live interviews of witnesses every one saw a streak of light eminate from the ground [more than likely the ocean] and then the explosions in the air. I think the conclusion that it was a spark in the fuel tank or a buildup of static electricity is preposterous. I agree with Saturday Night Live's comment on a Weekend Update segment that is more accurate: Flight 800 was brought down by a spark in the fuel tank that occurred after the plane was struck by a missile.

All in all I think your think your website is great and I'm very impressed :) ! Keep up the good work.

I really like the colors and the setup on the homepage [and the other pages]. The attack map is very interesting but the white background is so bright and the style is quite a bit more basic than the high tech look of the rest of the page so it kind of distracts. It seems to leap off the page. Is there possibly a way to darken the background?

That is an image off of the dshield.org website. Actually, that attack map is holding the entire center column inline. I could replace it. I might just do that. It doesn't present enough info for my taste.

I think the 911 pictures and info are very interesting. I used to be almost obsessed with 911 and looking through the pictures brings some of that back. But that's good and that's important to me because as painful as it can be, We Must Never Forget.

We must never forget! I couldn't agree more.

On the 911 info pages could you add links to the official government reports? At the moment I can't remember the organization that produced the lengthy technical report with many photos and diagrams included. I'll look for it and let you know what it's title is if you're interested. I'm sure the material linked to on your site refers to it but I haven't read through most of it yet.

If I'm not mistaken it's the 911commissionreport.gov. I believe I have it in there somewhere if I don't I'll add it in. There is a box called "my shared bookmarks" I will be migrating all of those to my site and later eliminating that block all together.

Lastly, would you consider adding a page for Flight 800 information and theories? I was watching TV that night and in the live interviews of witnesses every one saw a streak of light eminate from the ground [more than likely the ocean] and then the explosions in the air. I think the conclusion that it was a spark in the fuel tank or a buildup of static electricity is preposterous. I agree with Saturday Night Live's comment on a Weekend Update segment that is more accurate: Flight 800 was brought down by a spark in the fuel tank that occurred after the plane was struck by a missile.

Definatelly, I'll put that on my to-do list. Anything and everything to do conspiracies I want to touch on even if briefly.

All in all I think your think your website is great and I'm very impressed :) ! Keep up the good work.

Thanks again for your valued input. Pretty much everything is public except posting in the forums, polls, or surveys.

Cheers,

I think found the report I was thinking about. It was produced by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

It's mostly technical information and almost 300 pages long but I thought it was interesting.

However, I'm not sure how many other people would find it interesting. Maybe you could take a look and see if it's something you think is appropriate for your website.

Thanks

Final Report of the National Construction Safety Team on the Collapses of the World Trade Center Towers.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fstb575.com%2F

276 parsing errors.

xoops.css

No errors.

styleNN.css a couple of parsing errors.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validat...;usermedium=all

Thanks for letting me know, unfortuantelly, I'm not that good to repair all of those errors. Most of those came from the theme that I use. Right now, I'm in no way of switching to another one. However, if you have any ideas let me know.

The report in my previous post was not the one I was thinking of after all.

The one I had read before is actually a FEMA report entitled World Trade Center Building Performance Study. It's easy to understand and has some spectacular photography in my opinion.

It can be found here. The catch is you have to download each chapter seperately. I've never found it as a single download. To get a good idea of the layout and quality of the study in general you could download Chapter 4.

Thanks again and sorry for the mistake.

Thanks for letting me know, unfortuantelly, I'm not that good to repair all of those errors. Most of those came from the theme that I use. Right now, I'm in no way of switching to another one. However, if you have any ideas let me know.

You can look if there is an updated theme. If not you can try contact the author and explain to him the flaws of his theme. You might also be able to fix it yourself by editing the theme. If you look for a theme, you might look for it to be valid.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

You can look if there is an updated theme. If not you can try contact the author and explain to him the flaws of his theme. You might also be able to fix it yourself by editing the theme. If you look for a theme, you might look for it to be valid.
Well, the author to the theme & website don't appear to be around anymore. What I could do is find one that is similar. Another thing could be to download a notepad/html program that uses line numbers and correct each line. I'd have to print out the entire report and do it line by line. I really don't know if my patience will hold up though. Today of all days has been a bad and stressful one.

• Moderators

Hello Admiral,

Sorry to see you have had a rough day, here are a few lines that will hopefully make you smile a bit.

Things are more like today than they have ever been before.

One seventh of your life is spent on Mondays.

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

And the importance of punctuation,

"Woman, without her man, is nothing"

"Woman! Without her, man is nothing"

(Sorry for the offtopic)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I like your site personally. Its a little different from the same old bland stuff out there. Its not my area of interest, but it looks like you worked hard on the making of it, and is a well thought out website.

Two Thumbs up is given by the responder.

:)

Hello Admiral,

Sorry to see you have had a rough day, here are a few lines that will hopefully make you smile a bit.

Thanks for the kind words, but around here it's always stressful, there is always some drama going on.

I like your site personally. Its a little different from the same old bland stuff out there. Its not my area of interest, but it looks like you worked hard on the making of it, and is a well thought out website.

Two Thumbs up is given by the responder. :)

Thanks. What are you interested in? Maybe if it's something that I like we can defiantely work on opening it up. That's the whole thing you want people to come to your site and visit often.

It may be my computer, but I find the dark blue writing on the home page quite difficult to read.

It is obvious a lot of hard work has gone into it, don't give in !!

Sorry you are having trouble. I'm in the process of looking for a similar theme and replace the current one. That might help in your case. As for hard work it sure is. I try to work on it a lil each day.