lookin to get dsl

TheFiresInTheSky

well, my dad did a quick search and found one that was 6, it might have been earthlink but im not sure.

i guess it could be cable but it'd have to be around 25-35$.

right now we have 8Mb (comcast) and its like 60$/month

well, my dad did a quick search and found one that was 6, it might have been earthlink but im not sure.

i guess it could be cable but it'd have to be around 25-35$.

right now we have 8Mb (comcast) and its like 60$/month

I have comcast too and its $46 a month and thats only if you have cable. I just think that Comcast is a bit expensive. $30 would be more reasonable.

IPB Image

Depends on where you live, and how much you are willing to pay.

I have 100 mbit/s downstream and 10 mbit/s upstream for 32?. :D

I don't live in the Capitalist States of America though.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

I have 100 mbit/s downstream and 10 mbit/s upstream for 32?. :D

I don't live in the Capitalist States of America though.

100Mb are you serious? We don't have anything like that speed in Britain. The usual here is 10mb cable and 8mb DSL for about ?18 per month (depending on how much you download)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

100Mb are you serious? We don't have anything like that speed in Britain. The usual here is 10mb cable and 8mb DSL for about ?18 per month (depending on how much you download)

Yes, I am serious. Before I had 10 mbit/s up/down for 20?. Then the price was raised to 32?. I don't think a monthly quota existed before, but now I think it is at 300 gb/month. Last Christmas, the ISP upgraded the downstream of all 10 mbit/s customers to 100 mbit/s.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Bellsouth seems to be the best in the South. We had it when I was in Alabama and the speed was good. That including the tech support. The speed was a 5MB connection which is good. Only had to pay $30.00 per month. Now here in North Carolina things are abit diff. because where we live. We can't get high speed internet but are package for Embarq is 3MB but it was 5MB till we had to lower it due... to drop connections every 10min.

Connection still goes down but only twice a week.

Had cable from Mediacom for awhile in Alabama and it was ok. Not fast at downloading but it was fast at uploading! Here in North Carolina we have a 3MB DSL connection and we use DIRECTV for T.V. Wise :)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

ive never lost a connection once. its worth the money for the lack of aggravation. :)

Atleast mine doesn't go down that much. It's just because of where we live. Not really suppose to even have DSL.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

went on bellsouths website and entered in our phone number.

well that doesnt work and it wouldnt because we havent moved yet!

i guess ill have to resort to the phone now..

Here in North Carolina we have a 3MB DSL connection

What part of NC? I used to live in Wilmington. Nice town but their TWC Sucks big time over there! Their connections used to go down every single day. I had a monitor setup to look after it. It was 4 months of hell! Glad when my contract was over and I can go to another state to work!