Few Questions/Suggestions for CCleaner

Citrus

I would first like to say that I have used to think Window Washer was the best program out there but now that I know about CCleaner I think otherwise.

I just have a few questions about CCleaner...

1) Is there anyway to have CCleaner sit in the system tray and automatically clean at timed intervals, on browser shutdown and system shutdown?

2) When Scanning for Issues with the Issues tool I find that it doesn't find all the issues on the first scan. I have to scan once then repair and hit scan again to find more issues that werent listed the first time. Is this a bug or is there a certain amount of issues it can list?

3) I see that CCleaner adds a registry entry to clean the index.dat files in 3 directories. When I search for Index.dat files with another program I find there are a few more that CCleaner doesnt pickup. Is there anyway to clean those Index.dat files? Is there any reason why CCleaner doesnt pick them up?

1) No there is no such feature in CCleaner. However Windows has a built-in feature for "Scheduled Tasks", you can find it in the Windows Control Panel.

2) I have noticed this too. I am not why it behaves that way.

3) CCleaner cleans files for the current logged in user only.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

2) It's somewhat normal and many other reg cleaners works the same way. I'll try to explain why.

Example: removing broken file associations often needs 2-3 scans before it's really entirely removed this is because file associations haves several keys/vales in the registry so when CCleaner removes one invalid reg key/value relating to file association the other keys/values what points to the key/value what CCleaner removed comes invalid.

CCleaner could use better of dependency check between the reg keys/values so it could remove all the keys/values at once, but I don't think it's very good idea because many reg keys/values are "common" so such check could easily also remove unintentional keys/values.

I much rather scan my system couple times than let the program try to remove all at once. :)

Thanks for the quick replies.

Is there any intention of adding the Timed/Shutdown Cleaning into CCleaner in the future?

TheOdds: Thanks for that explanation. It makes perfect sense.

Any reason why CCleaner only cleans the current user? Another possible feature for the future?