winapp2.ini - how to add a program with variables

mr_samuel

Is there any way to add a program to winapp2.ini that may have the files you want to remove stored anywere, and not in a standard location?

For instance I am trying to clean (.sqm) files for windows live messenger, however they are not stored in any one location and appear to pop up all over the place. How can I add this into winapp2.ini?

Thanks!

CCleaner doesn?t use wildcards like *.*

CCleaner needs an exact assignation on where to find the files to be deleted within their directories.

I?d wish an ability within CCleaner aswell, to trake advantage of wildcards - it would definately purify the amount of programing (definition)-code, combined with much more effectiveness, as I believe...

Oliver

It's not often that the number of locations in which a particular file you want CCleaner to delete is found is so large that you'd actually need that type of wildcard.

I looked around, and here the sqmfiles are created only in my Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\********** folder (where the asterisks represent the name of the subfolder in question

I just added the following winapp2.ini entry which does the trick, but of course only for sqm files in that particular folder.

You could add other folders where you find these files being created. There can't be dozens of them...

[MSN Live Messenger]

LangSecRef=3022

Detect=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\SQM

Default=True

FileKey1=%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\1231231231|*.sqm

(NOTE: in that rule, replace "1231231231" by the name of the subfolder in your particular profile!

Another instance when this sort of thing is required when using certain P2P programs, like Shareaza. Shareaza stores an XML file for every single download in the download location, which is set by the user. For example if the download location was set to "c:\folder\shareaza downloads\" then XML files for all previous downloads would be in "c:\folder\shareaza downloads\metadata\".

So, what is needed is a way to read the reg key to find out the download location, and then to delete the specified files from it.