A glitch in Sis,s puter

cowboy357

Hum. Its a complete new install & the first thing she did was get the updates . So I wouldn,t think She could be infected. But I,m gonna have Her send me a log anyway. & if I dont see anything in it I,ll post it for the experts. Thanks Andavari. Cowboy

No biggy but She says She cant open task mgr to end processes. ( ctrl alt del ) does nothing any ideas ? Thanks Cowboy

What OS is she running? :P

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I heard that there are some malware that autokills/autoclose the Windows Task Manager every time you try to open it.

Try run with some anti-spyware software...

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

LOL Cowboy. OS means Operating System, so you answered my question (XP). ;)

You could try merging these 2 files first and see if that works. If it doesn't work then it seems to be malware related.

First download the TaskManager_Reset.txt file. Right-click the file and choose rename. Change the .txt to .reg then press Enter. Then double-click the file to merge.

Second download the taskmgrenable.txt file. Right-click the file and choose rename. Change the .txt to .reg then press Enter. Then double-click the file to merge.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I heard that there are some malware that autokills/autoclose the Windows Task Manager every time you try to open it.

True. A large number of Sbot/Rbot worms as well as many trojans do.

... which is, although the 2 regfiles krit86lr advised you to run may certainly do the trick, it is still advisable to post a HijackThis log.

This because, if the restriction is indeed set by malware, after a reboot you may again be back where you started

• Moderators

Ok Thanks, Krit86lr for the downloads & everyone else for the advice. I,m just waiting to here back from her now to see whats Up. Thanks. Cowboy

It would probably be better to just send her here to the CC forums to get step by step help.

Ok Update. My sister did what Glenn said & it opens fine. So its possibly a keyboard problem. as she seems to have no other problem. I,m still waiting for Her to send me a HJT log so I can post it. Andavari I tried to get Her to come to this sight But She doesn,t trust message boards. No matter How safe I tell Her it is. So I will post it if & when She sends it. Thanks for all the help. I,m also gonna save the links that Krit86lr gave , just in case. Cowboy