Lost msg bodies Outlook Express w98

johnd393

Downloaded CCleaner 1.32.345. ran it. Lost all message bodies from outlook Express. New arriveing emails also have no message bodies. I can't even read new emails. Forworded a message to yahoo web mail and it still had no body. Reboot don't bring them back. Reinstall W98se don't bring them back. How do I recover my email? My message bodies should not have been deleted without some warning and a chance to cancel the operation before the damage was done. Lots of information was lost in old email messages. This should not have happened.

John

Downloaded CCleaner 1.32.345. ran it. Lost all message bodies from outlook Express. New arriveing emails also have no message bodies. I can't even read new emails. Forworded a message to yahoo web mail and it still had no body. Reboot don't bring them back. Reinstall W98se don't bring them back. How do I recover my email? My message bodies should not have been deleted without some warning and a chance to cancel the operation before the damage was done. Lots of information was lost in old email messages. This should not have happened.

John

I found that if I right click and select (Properties) (Details) (Message Source) The message header and body appears to be there. I just can't open the message to read it and nothing appears in the OE preview window.

I found that if I right click and select (Properties) (Details) (Message Source) The message header and body appears to be there. I just can't open the message to read it and nothing appears in the OE preview window.

I clicked View, Layout, and unselected [ ] "Show Preview Pane Header" and now I can see the message bodies in the preview pane and I can open and see the messages. I don't know if this is a fix for what changed or a workaround the problem. Before unselecting "Show Preview Pane Header" there was absolute nothing, No header, just blank, displayed in the preview pane.

• Moderators

I have heard of a problem when you run ccleaner with outlook open? Did you by any chance notice if that was the cause?

I have outlook express and ccleaner hasn't ever caused a problem like this(even when I run it with OE open). But it has been mentioned before.

In terms of computer security Outlook Express is a very risky program. Perhaps most worms on the Internet are spread through Outlook Express. It has very poor security.

I would like to recommend you Mozilla Thunderbird.

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

It is much more safe and secure.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png