Analyzed items list BLANK!

Overlo@d

welcome.

screenshot please?

also, does it show anything when you press "Run Ccleaner"?

Hello Fires thnx for answering

...well I didn't dare to "run Cleaner" since I didn't see the analysis resut.. :unsure:

about the screenshot please look at the attachment if it is of any help

post-6917-1158256866_thumb.jpg

post-6917-1158256866_thumb.jpg

Just to let you know that with the last update od Ccleaner I have also the problem "Analysed items list blanc" on a Compaq Presario 5838 with Windows 98 SE operating system. Issues works well. Download and installation of VB 6 run modules doesn't help.

rhesus

I seem to have a similar problem. Just downloaded and installed CCleaner on my Dell desktop running W98SE. Running 'Analyse' on the default selection results in a totally blank list. If I deselect all but the 'System' subset and run 'Analyse', I then get a list, but it shows only 'recycle bin' and about 30 log-files as selected for deletion. No temp files or others are shown even though I know there are around 500 .TMP on the system.

If I deselect all but the 'Windows Explorer' subset and run 'Analyse' I get this message

-----------------------------------------

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.048secs)

-----------------------------------------

0 bytes to be removed (approximate size)

If I deselect all but the 'Internet Explorer' subset and run 'Analyse' I get a totally blank screen.

Running 'Scan for Issues' seems to work correctly. I have downloaded and re-installed the VB runtimes as suggested previously, but this didn't help.

Harleyquin

Sorry, I'm a new user, so have no experience of 1.32 or any other previous versions.

Since posting this response on 22/09 I've heard nothing more about this issue. Is it something I'm doing wrong or has this now been established as a bug in CC with W98SE ?. A response would be appreciated from the developers. Thanks!

Since posting this response on 22/09 I've heard nothing more about this issue. Is it something I'm doing wrong or has this now been established as a bug in CC with W98SE ?. A response would be appreciated from the developers. Thanks!

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING - in the absence of any response re this issue, I can only assume CCleaner doesn't work with W98SE anymore. I think I'll have to look for another solution. Thanks anyway, I'm sure it's an excellent product when it does work.

hello, sorry theres been no responses :)

i PMed MrG and told him about this issue and i havent heard back from him on it so i can only assume it will be fixed in an upgrade but i cant be sure.

Have had (noticed) this problem for several weeks. problem showed up about the same time I customized some setting and/or received email or pop-up window about upgrading being available. I'm fuzzy on the timing of these details but what I can say precisely about the problem follows.

Installed CCleaner months ago and it has been working fine for quite a while. Then about mid-September the "Analyzed items list" went blank. This is on a Compaq Presario 1681 running Windows 98 operating system. Have just installed the new CCleaner (1.33.382) and problem persists. Select [Open Cleaner] from trash, click [Analyze] button, the output window display above the buttons is EMPTY of all text.

PS: 10/5: Have noticed that I had customized the cookies function. When I deselected the cookies check box the analyzed window text returned.

PPS: 10/10 NOPE still broken. Worked once then poof display is now blank again and has stayed empty no matter what cookie option I select. HELP!

• 2 weeks later...

I also had this problem on 98SE using the latest version of CCleaner. I tried uninstalling and reverting to an older version and the problem remained.

I then noticed that I had the same problem with Control Panel/Add Remove Programmes

The Add remove list showed correctly in 3rd party utilities but the first item (Outlook Express) had no name, and showed as a blank item. I added a name, using TuneUp Utilities.

Opened Add Remove in control panel and under the first item were a number of blank lines. These relate to, I assume, uninstall entries that had been previously removed, the valid entries had simply scrolled off the bottom of the window.

I removed the blank lines by selecting each in turn and clicking Add/Remove. Windows claimed that this was an invalid entry and removed it. Repeated untill all the blank lined had gone.

Once the list displayed correctly I ran CCleaner and it worked perfectly.

I don't pretend to understand why Add/Remove list would affect CCleaner, but it does.

Scary.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem, I click "Analyze" --> no list, then I click "Run Cleaner" --> no list, then I click "Analyze" again --> I get a short list, which shows that the cleaning has been done. Dus so the cleaning gets done alright. My OS is WinME. Could you please fix this? Thanks!

PS: A message that the cleaning is ready would be nice.

My system is still 98, so the problem might not be system related.

I re-loaded CC 133.382 but the problem persists, intermittently. I then checked the Add Remove list as Mutterer suggested, but it showed correctly. Then the next day the list was displaying again. What I noticed was that after heavy web surfing & or with multiply IE windows open the list field comes up blank. After closing out all the IE windows, or when the computer is first on, I find the list is visible.

........this is a problem with Windows98 and WindowsME...especially ...if you are using Opera. un-check all the options for Opera and run the scan again. It should work now.

..........and Make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle

Keep your software up to date

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/index.php?

• 1 month later...

Works fine on my XPSP2 laptop but on the old 98sp1 ....the blank screen problem. :blink:

........this is a problem with Windows98 and WindowsME...especially ...if you are using Opera. un-check all the options for Opera and run the scan again. It should work now.