Is it possible...

New_Age

Ok, so I was over at my GF's house the other day which was Sunday. Their computer is still Infected and which the Thread is located Here. Note: I'm giving up here I can't fix the problem :(. Anyways, he came up with something to talk about with me. He was talking about how are White blood cells in our body help out with mainly everything to prevent germs and what not. He was referring all the Anti-spyware and Anti-virus to them as an example of course. He wants to know why? Why can't they make a program that does everything? Scan for Viruses, Spyware, Heck.... even fix errors in Windows and what not. Surely we both think Mircosoft or... whatever company has the money.

I stated it's not that easy and that it would take years as new Spyware and Viruses come around each sec. of the day.

Lets see what you guys think. Is it possible or not? :huh:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

id believe so, you mean like a antivirus/malware/spyware/windows fixing center lol.

it'd be easy for tose who knows how to do it. but it'd cost??

If it were me who developed the program I would put the cost at $110. Updates would be free for the first year but after that they would have to pay up $50 every 6 months :)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

I think its possible but this isn't the way that windows needs to stop viruses. It needs to be redesigned to keep it from being vulnerable in the first place. Really its not that hard to keep a computer clean even now.(if you know what your doing.)

I'm really against the idea of all in one programs. Even though its more work your better off getting the best type of programs from the company that does it best. Also there is no way in hell I would pay $110 and then $50 every six months for any kind of software ever.

It needs to be redesigned to keep it from being vulnerable in the first place.
Hmmm... maybe that's why Linux and Imac was developed :)
Really its not that hard to keep a computer clean even now.
lol, that's true but you gotta think here. There are ALOT of people out there who don't know anything about computers. My GF thinks a Moniter is a computer but it's actually just one part that makes you see what's going on with a computer :unsure:
(if you know what your doing.)
Umm... yeah and most people today don't... :mellow:

I'm really against the idea of all in one programs. Even though its more work your better off getting the best type of programs from the company that does it best. Also there is no way in hell I would pay $110 and then $50 every six months for any kind of software ever.
lol, I knew you come after the price. Well, I would lower it or maybe be a good boy and make it free if people liked it after a year. I would just make the price probably... $60 then I would see if I did get good reviews and feed back then I'd consider making it free :)

• Moderators

Believe me I know most people don't know how to keep their computer clean.(I see it in the HJT logs.:P) But releasing yet another security suite wouldn't help either. Most would just keep buying crappy Norton forever.

I think the best thing for most users is if their ISP offered them security software for free.(and not that crap earthlink/aol gives out.) My old ISP(comcast) would give out free full versions of McAffee firewall and AV. I know adelphia has some kind of freedom AV suite and I'm sure others have similar products as well.

If when they set up a computer for someone installed that software on the computers and maybe provided a disc with free programs like ewido, adaware, and spybot, and then showed the people how to use it and gave some information about online security, a lot more computers would be better off.

Yea, I see what your saying. Computer companys just shouldn't install that crap. They should make a disc containing a on-screen tour on how to use those programs you stated. That! would be a good Idea. For me though... I buy Desktop's on TigerDirect with no OS Installed :)

Going back rridgely's post - I'm worried that Vista isn't going to fix as many problems as it should. Back in the Sept. '05 issue of Maximum PC, they talked about 5 ideas that either Linux or Macintosh was better than Windows with.

For example, when you install a program in Windows, it spreads stuff in many different folders, DLL's for example. If you uninstall the program, those are left behind, and are only removed when you do a complete fresh install of Windows. OS X for example, the programs are self contained in one icon (!?) so uninstalling them is as simple as dragging them to the recycle bin.

Hopefully, Vista will help more than people are thinking, but I'm not getting my hopes too high yet.

BACK ON TOPIC- If they made a do-all program, it would be good for the people who know next to nothing about their comptuers, but for people like us, who are resourceful, we wouldn't need such a program.

AJ

Going back rridgely's post - I'm worried that Vista isn't going to fix as many problems as it should. Back in the Sept. '05 issue of Maximum PC, they talked about 5 ideas that either Linux or Macintosh was better than Windows with.

For example, when you install a program in Windows, it spreads stuff in many different folders, DLL's for example. If you uninstall the program, those are left behind, and are only removed when you do a complete fresh install of Windows. OS X for example, the programs are self contained in one icon (!?) so uninstalling them is as simple as dragging them to the recycle bin.

Hopefully, Vista will help more than people are thinking, but I'm not getting my hopes too high yet.

BACK ON TOPIC- If they made a do-all program, it would be good for the people who know next to nothing about their comptuers, but for people like us, who are resourceful, we wouldn't need such a program.

AJ

I would love... Windows to do that. It sucks that Microsoft never thought of that Idea in the first place... :(

NOT POSSIBLE.

all the different companys make mainly one or two products.

they specialize in, for instance, ZA firewall.

if they were to start making cleaners and such, their focus would spread out more, most likely making the firewall less secure.

NOT POSSIBLE.

all the different companys make mainly one or two products.

they specialize in, for instance, ZA firewall.

if they were to start making cleaners and such, their focus would spread out more, most likely making the firewall less secure.

Well, this is something my GF's step-father brought up so... yeah. I can see that this Idea is going no where... :rolleyes:

• Moderators

eTrust Internet Security Suite, McAfee, and Symantec/Norton are the only popular ones I can think at this moment that try to combine all into one, e.g.; anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall. Well maybe Grisoft AVG Plus with Firewall does too but their Ewido Anti-Spyware is a completely separate application.

Although I'm not really a big fan of these types of suite's because I may only like one or two parts of it and end up wasting money on the other portions. I still prefer to choose my security-related apps like I do stereo equipement and that is individually so that I can get exactly what I want.

Well, it is much more profitable to have two products to sell, one for viruses and one for spyware. :)

There are so called "security suites" with combined firewall, antivirus, antispyware.

Personally, I prefer small applications that do one thing, and do it well. Instead of doing several things.

Also somethings are unrelated and are in totally different and separate fields.

I like hamburgers, I like chocolate. I wouldn't want a chocolate hamburger though. :D

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

Hi, there is actually a program that is a one-in-all, but it uses all existing programs like NOD32, spydoctor, avg, and a lot more. It is called "hitman pro 2". just google it up, and you'll find it. I use it, but i have no idea if it's really that good.

Essense

• Moderators

Hi, there is actually a program that is a one-in-all, but it uses all existing programs like NOD32, spydoctor, avg, and a lot more. It is called "hitman pro 2". just google it up, and you'll find it. I use it, but i have no idea if it's really that good.

Essense

This right?

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

I've been wanting to try it but the web page isn't in english.

I don't know if the program is or not but I like to read about it before I try it and I'm to lazy to put it all in a translator. :P

Oh BTW, I posted the removal tool in your other topic for vundo. If you do that and then post the log from it and a hijack this log I can help you clean it up. :)