IE7 excluded cookies wiped out?

Blutarsky

I'm an aold CCleaner user and I've been very satisfied since then.

Lately I've upgraded to IE7 beta; since that moment I've noticed that when using CCleaner, IE7 loses it's "cookies saved settings", like Google settings.

Usually those settings are stored in cookies, that I'm excluding from deletion, within CCleaner options. For that purpose I've told CCleaner to keep multiple cookies, and CCleaner itself is showing the correct cookies to be excluded from deletion....

Could it be that CCLeaner is pointing to an old cookie directory?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a problem with CCleaner removing my saved cookies from IE V7.0 RC1 running on WinXP Home SP2.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Try this:

Remove all your cookies from the cookies to be saved area. Then run ccleaner to completely remove all cookies. Then go to the sites where you wanted the cookies to be kept from and then try putting them back in ccleaners cookies to be kept section. Now see if they will be kept.

Try this:

Remove all your cookies from the cookies to be saved area. Then run ccleaner to completely remove all cookies. Then go to the sites where you wanted the cookies to be kept from and then try putting them back in ccleaners cookies to be kept section. Now see if they will be kept.

Tried that, mate ... it ain't working.

still cleaning them up ... :(

Hi,

If it helps at all with pinpointing the IE7 cookie issue, this has been my experience...

Even if I tell CCleaner to leave all of my cookies intact (by unchecking the 'cookies' box altogether), they are all still deleted on reboot of my machine. However, if I uncheck the box for 'delete index.dat files', the cookies section behaves as expected. CCleaner keeps the ones I want and deletes the rest. So for now I simply keep the box for index.dat files unchecked and everything works great.

Given that IE7 is still in Beta, issues like this are of course to be expected. No complaints from me :)

Your software is great... thanks for all your hard work!

Dig

Index.dat Suite cleans out all the index.dat files but does not clean out the cookies :D

http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Product...=index.datsuite

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user