moniter problem ?

cowboy357

Ok ALL I usuaaly leave my puter on 24/7. I shut it off last nite. when i turned it on this morning all was fine the first 30 minutes. Then A loud pop came from the moniter itself & went blank , I first checked the tower & all seemed to be fine, then the screen slowly went back to normal. It scared the hell outa Me , I wasn,t sure if it was going to blow up in My face. any ideas, & is or could it be dangerous. Or has it happened to anyone else ? Thanks cowboy

Do you leave your monitor on 24/7 too?

I always shut of the computer at night, I guess some if some people have a need for it to be on, they can have that. But the monitor and speakers don't need to be on when they're not in use, so you're wasting electricity.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Cowboy,

I'm sorry to read about your problem, hopefully someone will give some suggestions to help you soon.

parOx,

No need to shout in capitals at cowboy, he has asked us for help with his problem, not for comments on his lifestyle.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

No problem I,m used ta getting treated like that. & Yes I keep it All on in the last few weeks ,as i had a really bad freezing problem. if left on no problem.& once again it froze 7 times this morning. So thanks for the suggestions. & Hazelnut thanks for sticking up for Me , Again. Cowboy

• Moderators

WHY ARE U LEAVING IT ON YOUR RUINING THE WORLD AND DONT LEAVE YOUR MONITOR ON MAYBE THATS WHY IT POPPED COS ITS NOT USED TO BEING LEFT OFF SO DONT LEAVE IT ON 24/7

Because everyone knows leaving your monitor on "ruins the world". :rolleyes:

You say this but do you have a hybrid car? Do you recycle, go clean up parks/public places on the weekend?

I know I sure as hell don't, but I don't complain about it either.

Sounds to me like you need a new monitor cowboy. You can get crt's really cheap and most little mom and pop computer shops.(I was just in one today and 17in monitors were like $60)

Now thats only if your sure that it was your monitor that popped. It might be wise to take your computer to a friends house and try it on their monitor first.

Elldmanen, First off I never had the freezing problem. untill I installed a legall copy of windows. & Andy helped Me sort out any possible hardware problems. Everything checks out Ok. So I have NO clue. puters less than a year old. Moniters another issue. But thanks for Your Reply. Hazelnut, Its the whole thing that freezes I guess. it doesn,t matter if I,m online or not. I know the puters completely clean & everything is updated. & no Malware whatsoever. but from time to time it just appears to lock up. No pointer movement. cant bring up task mgr. nuthin. I have to manually shut it off & on. It seems if I never shut it off I have very little problem. And Thankyou for Your response. & rridgely, Thanks for Your responce . & Yes I agrree , probably a moniter problem , its just never happened before, Or since, & My tower is behind another wall & the moniter is in a completely seperate space . So I,m sure it was the moniter. I just never heard of that before. unless it was just fried. not a one time deal. But thanks again & I,ll look into a new one. & last but certainly not least. Parox. first of all Bite Me. secondly. I live in the boonies. I have a wind generator. I sell electricity to the electric company. because I cant possibly use it all. So next time Ya wanna make a comment like that. Think First ,I could possibly be makin money off of You. sorry folks I guess I,m really gettin a little thin skinned. & if a wanna bar Me from the site not a big deal. Mrg. But thankyou very much for a great program & thanks to all others that have been very helpfull . Sincerely Cowboy

I don't drive and i do recycle and ye i do clean up the environment, and he said his pc freezes.

Look im not trying to act bad or nothing, im just saying my expressed opinion and your enititled to it, and it was in caps by accident, and you firstly never stated you did own these world saving equipment, aso your wasting power while you sell etc. I don't believe you should be banned/barred as everyone should have an opinion and have the right to atleast get a little thick skinned.

OK parOx, I appologise for what I said. #1 I didn,t realize You were a Young man till I read some of Your other posts. #2 lets both think before We type. #3 lets just sgree to disagree on things. & if I can help You in anyway I would be more than glad to. I,m not real smart as far as puter building. But i have years of common sense & ways to figure things out. So No harm No Foul Ok? & Yes I do have a wind generator, But not to be confused with the high dollar ones the rich folks have. Since I,m retired I had to figure a way to cut costs, & that has helped a lot in My case . & certainly not world saving. I just wanted to clarify that, You have a great day & hopefully we can be of some help to each other / or others in the future. This is a great site with a lot of great people. Sincerely Bob, aka Cowboy