Cleaning options

sbhagwat1986

I had used CCleaner on my old Windows 8.1 PC before and I was happy with its performance (it was doing what I wanted it to do). However I upgraded my system to Windows 10 and have been facing a couple of issues. Biggest of which is it is not clearing the "system history". For example I have the notepad and paint icons pinned to my taskbar. I open various txt files as well as use the paint to edit image files for my work. When I right click on the notepad or paint icon, I get the list of recent documents/images that I had accessed. Previously CCleaner used to clear this history as well but I am finding that it is no longer doing so. Is there an option that I should be selecting to clear this history as well?

Guest johnccleaner

A good place to look regarding questions like this would be in: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/sections/360010198471

In any event, I believe this specific cleaning would be enabled via Custom Clean's Windows tab > Windows Explorer group > "Taskbar Jump Lists" Cleaning Rule. You might also try the "Other Explorer MRUs" and "Recent Documents" Cleaning Rules if needed.

Please note that this will apply only to Custom Clean and not Health Check.