Issue with driver updater

For the last week or so every time I run driver updater it shows my monitor driver requires updating.  Because of this I visited the AOC site and downloaded the latest drivers for my product however Windows 10 device manager shows the installed river as up to date.  I've not had an issue like this before and am wondering what action I should take?

• Moderators

I always go by the principle -

"If it's working then you don't need to fix it or change it".

Drivers can be updated to fix things that are not relevant to your machine -  so you don't need that update.

But a driver updater doesn't know that, all it checks/knows is that there is a newer one available - whether you need it or not.

If you are not having problems with your monitor then I'd leave the driver as it is.
And that goes for any other drivers, only change them if needed because you are having problems.

(You might have gathered that I'm not a fan of driver updaters, not even CCleaners' driver updater).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

#nukecad

tru, if its not broke, dont mess with it, and NEVER install "version 1" anything from Microsoft. That aid, I run a Dell Inspiron Win11. I just ran all Windows updates, and Dell Updates. I am fully updated according to Microsoft (cough) and Dell. CCleaner still tells me I have 15 updates for firmware (audio, biometric, bluetooth, system, etc) that Dell says I dont need. Im inclined to agree and also am not a fan of any "driver updaters" but I just find it odd that ccleaner "appears" to be this far of....

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ramitchell said:

and also am not a fan of any "driver updaters

This!

I rue that ccleaner added this and i don't care if they know :lol:

I mean it's nice if you're running a five (10, 15, 20) year old out of warranty dell or a build your own but it isn't marketed for that

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com