Display Errors

Thylvin

Sometimes, the browser with have a display error, where all the text is suddeny out of focus for a while and then comes back into focus. I have attached a sample of what i mean by this.BlurryTextSample.thumb.jpg.ad19f5c0de80dd7ed064a63203770e36.jpg

When using streaming websites, like netflix and so on (even YouTube/Facbook/Instagram/ticTock etc) the video playback suddenly switched to a blank screen while the audio is stil playing, and moving the amouse around the screen sometimes show the video playback or it just flicker the video or just not show untill you use another browser to display the same video (Copy link and paste it in another browser). (unfortunetly i could not do a screen recording to show how the video flikers and fails at times)

I have experienced this error not on a single device but accross multiple devices including HP Pavilion Gaming Lapton Ryzen 5 with 16gb ram and 4gb nVidia Graphics Card and Dell Precision 3630 Tower with 16gb ram and 2gb nVidia Quadro Graphics cards.

I dont kow if its is a graphic driver errors, thus i have proceeded to update all drivers and even the browser, but the problem presist,

I prefere to use CCleaner browser as it overwrites the old version with the new version where other browser like google keeps on installing new version without removing the previous versions.

Let me know if there are any fixes i can apply that may resolve this issue.

• Moderators

I think the blurry text is probably due to a Windows default setting, the 'transparency' effects can make text blurry when a browser page is loading or refreshing.
It's not supposed to do that but it can do.
Try turning it off: https://winaero.com/turn-on-or-off-transparency-effects-in-windows-10/

Freezing/stuttering/etc. when watching video can have many causes and can affect any browser.
(In my Firefox Youtube will freeze the image for a few seconds, or loose audio at times).
It's difficult, almost impossible in most cases, to track down just what the cause may be.

As you say it affects multiple devices then I'd probably look to your broadband connection and your hub/router.
When was it's software/firmware last updated? Most modern ones update themselves automatically overnight.

If you are not sure then you could try switching it off or unplugging it from the power for a minute or two and then back on.
That should clear any buffers that may be full and cause it to check for updates when it reconnects to the broadband.
(PS. Don't do that too often, if you keep turning it off then the service provider thinks there may be a fault on the line and it will automatically cut your connection speed to compensate).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Wow that was fast, i really didnt expect to be so quick.

For the out of focust fonts i will apply the fix you mentioned to see if that will work, i hope it does.

As for the rest. The Dell Tower is in our Corporate network which is mainaintd by our internal IT department. As far as i know, each floor has its own switch and all switches are connected via fibre to the server. So i can not really say how recent the firmware/software update is.

As for the Laptop, this is not connected to the corporate network, and i work through a 3G wireless wifi device (Samsung Pocket Wifi Device, which was updated as recently as end of February for both the software and the firmware). I am in the process from changing from 3G wireless connection to 8m fibre connection. I hope this should fix the video errors as i have seen the 3g data transmission hardly goes over 2m which might be the cause the of the flickering and sometimes disappearing video playbacks.

• Moderators

Mmm, you are aware that 3G is in the process of being switched off worldwide.

I doubt that it has anything to do with your issues, but you never know.
For instance your regular 3G broadcast mast may have been decomissioned so it's now having to connect to a mast further away and so getting a weaker signa?

As for the other, if it's on a cororate network then there's not much you personally can do about that network.
You'd expect an IT department to keep things up to date, but they do have time constraints and budgets just like the rest of us.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I don't think the 3G switching off is the Issue in Namibia, currently my country has a vast 2g network, a smaller 3g network concentrated at urban areas and 4g is just rolling out depending on the needs, and 5g is just a pipe dream at the moment with not a single 5g tower in the entire country.

As for the rest of the world may be able to switch completely away from 3G, here it is ultimately a very different story and wont be doable in the near future unless they can start rolling out 5G, upgrade all the 2G towers to 3G towers and the 3G towers to 4G, this is the only way to get rid of old connection standards.

I'm adding a link (if thats OK) to show our current coverage map. and let me remind you, we only have 2 carriers, this map is the biggest of the 2 carries.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/namibia-cell-or-satellite-phone.43664/

I mean as recently as last year 56k modem connections speeds were still available, currently the lowest speed was forced to 288kkps due to a governmental decision that lower connection speeds will result in the closure of the said service providers.

Welcome to Africa, where we get everything last (basically stuff that the 1st world countries written off and shipped to us as brand new technology) 

Hint: if anyone wants to help this poor 3rd world country boy move to a 1st word country, you know where to contact me.

But in all seriousness this will create backward compatibility issues which may need to be addressed.

Hopefully we get enough investors that will help upgrade the country's connections.

• Moderators

It might have been better mentioning that you were in Namibia earlier.

For all we knew you could have been anywhere in the world. (And your English is better than many Europeans, or even Americans, who post here).

So yes, the lack of "up to date' infrastructure in Africa may very well have a bearing on your video streaming issues.

Unfortunately services such as youtube and facebook are US based and so tend to assume that everyone lives in the USA with access to good infrastructure.

Hi,

Its not just the fonts, It happens to video playback too, YouTube, Instagram, Netflix, Showmax, and even Amazon Prime etc. The video will just display black while the sound plays and if you move the mouse a bit, bocks of the video restores but disappears if the mouse if moved a bit to far and if the mouse is moved to either the corners of the screen, it sometimes display the full frame of the video.

The only work around i could find to solve the problem is to either run the site though Microsoft edge or google Chrome or stream it through VLC player, which leads me to believe that there are a graphical error within ccleaner browsers as it does the same thing over a number of systems (laptops and pc's and the latest laptop i tested on is an HP Pavilion 2022 model.

The font size has not been altered to display bigger or smaller than the website intended, so that is not the issue. I think it s the incorrect call functions to the the graphics card for display that results in these display errors.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Thylvin said:

The only work around i could find to solve the problem is to either run the site though Microsoft edge or google Chrome or stream it through VLC player, which leads me to believe that there are a graphical error within ccleaner browsers

I don't believe that it is an error, I believe it's the extra filtering/protections in CCleaner browser that is your issue.

Adblocking, anti-tracking, anti-fingerprinting, anti-phishing, stealth mode, webcam guard, extension guard, etc.
Each one, if turned on, will slow things a little.

It's probable that all that extra filtering in the CCleaner browser is just that little bit too much for the limited infrastructure that you have available in Namibia.

As you say that you don't have the same problem with standard browsers, which don't have those filters, then that's probably the way you should go and forget using CCleaner browser for now.

You could of course try turning off the extra filters in CCleaner browser so that it just becones another Chromium browser without the extra filters.