Software updater bug.

Bastet

Software updater shows an update to Driver Easy which is the same as already installed. I have cleanly uninstalled the software & installed the latest version but problem remains.
I’ve contacted support but not received a reply other than the standard ‘here’s some tutorials which may help’. #1101675

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

Guest johnccleaner

This typically indicates that the developer of the software has done something non-standard with the version number. (For instance, having a 'launcher' program whose version number didn't change in the update.)

I'll let the development team know so that we can investigate if anything can be done about this on our side. 

• 6 months later...

Reopening this as the problem remains with the newest version. 

I reported the bug previously & was assured it was fixed.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 110531.jpg

Screenshot 2023-09-13 110148.jpg

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

That may be the case but last time support fixed this & the program no longer showed under the updater. This is why I’ve reopened the thread in the hope they can do something more permanent.

Virginia/Bastet.

9 minutes ago, rkarmann said:

I reported it to support the last time & it was fixed in that Driver Easy no longer showed that it required updating.
It seems that Driver Easy are the ones expected to fix their version numbering to show build versions under the program’s properties.

Virginia/Bastet.

• 2 weeks later...

DE say they’ll pass it on to their developers. 
The subscription isn’t worth the cost for me as the driver updater doesn’t find many updates while other software does. DriverMax finds many more. I search for coupons & discounts in order to upgrade otherwise the free version is enough.

Virginia/Bastet.