Can CCleaner Duplicate Finder tool find entire folders that are duplicates?

prr

I have an external drive with large numbers of folders that have the entire folder duplicated elsewhere on that same drive.

I know that the CCleaner  Duplicate Finder tool can identify duplicate individual files; but can it also locate the folders (i.e, if there are two folders, each with the same 45 pics or videos in them) and quickly allow me to delete the folders in one fell swoop?

Edited by prr

• Moderators

Interesting thought.

However it is a duplicate file finder.

It's also deliberately set up not to delete things 'in one fell swoop', you have to select the duplicates for deletion one by one.
It's done like that so that you have to think what you are selecting for deletion.
Doing things, especially deleting files, 'in one fell swoop' is often the source of mistakes.
(Just look on the Recuva sub-forum here to see how difficult and time consuming it can be to try and get mistakenly deleted files back).

The best that I can suggest is to search for the duplicate images and then read what folders the duplicate are in.
'Save to text file' after a scan could help with that.
Then, when you are sure, you could delete the duplicate folders in File Explorer.

Of course you'd want to be sure that any folder contains only duplicates before deleting it.
Checking the size of each folder, and the number of files each contains, should help there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043