Can't disable startup of two apps in windows 10

mikesw

First problem. I have the dropbox program installed and want to disable it from starting up using ccleaner.

I've disabled anything on the various startup tabs that says dropbox; however, dropbox is getting started since windows task manager startup shows dropbox enabled.

I can then disable it in windows task manager. So ccleaner has no entry for what windows sees.

ccleaner entry that is one of the items disabled but is similar to the one task manager sees:

No    HKLM:Run    Dropbox    Dropbox, Inc.    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe" /systemstartup

But windows task manager points to the same directory and program but selecting properties doesn't show the switch like above. I can enable and disable dropbox in the task manager but it doesn't showup or change status in the ccleaner startup. So things are out of sync.

Second problem I have installed is Jedit. I've disabled the only entry in ccleaner

No    HKLM:Run    jEdit Server    Contributors    "C:\Program Files\jEdit\jedit.exe" -background -nogui --l4j-dont-wait

However, windows task manager shows it enabled on startup. I can then enable disable it from starting up there. The task manager is pointing here

C:\Program Files\jEdit\jedit.exe

Third problem is, I have a batch file that logs me into a sharepoint website on startup using net use.  Ccleaner doesn't show the batch file name in windows startup tab so that I can enable/disable it there. However windows task manager shows it in startup. I can enable/disable it in task manager but not in ccleaner. Not all startup programs/batch files are in the various %appdata% locations such as default or a user. In this case the batch file is in this location. 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @mikesw Thanks for your report as I was able to replicate the Dropbox issue as well, therefore it seems as though the Startup feature of CCleaner is not currently working correctly with certain programs.

Additionally, I understand how your batch file inside of the ALLUSERS startup directory (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) is not detected by CCleaner's Startup, either,

I've reported all of this to our development team and can confirm they're currently investigating so I suspect these issues will be resolved in one of the next updates we release for CCleaner.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest johnccleaner
3 hours ago, martinguptill said:

The same Issues happen to me. I have played clash of clan on my pc with help of bluestack but from fews ago  my bluestack not working properly and i have palyed almost all level of clash of clans. I did not want to reinstall it and playing start again. Kindly please guide me what should i do?  

I'm not sure that this relates to the issue reported above, which was regarding how startup entries are displayed by CCleaner.

I would recommend posting this inquiry, with as much information as you can about how the software is "not working properly" (error messages, detailed description of the issue you're seeing, and so on) to a community devoted to the Bluestacks software such as: https://www.reddit.com/r/BlueStacks/ or https://androidforums.com/forums/bluestacks-devices.1717/ for the best chances of solving this issue.

• Moderators
On 23/02/2023 at 08:04, martinguptill said:

The same Issues happen to me. I have played clash of clan on my pc with help of bluestack but from fews ago  my bluestack not working properly and i have palyed almost all level of clash of clans. I did not want to reinstall it and playing start again. Kindly please guide me what should i do?  

Bluestacks has a wealth of support articles on the official website:
https://support.bluestacks.com/