Issue scanning fix

MrG

I've easily recreated the issue on my Virtual PC.

Tarun..how did you recreate the problem?

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Tarun..how did you recreate the problem?

Although I can't speak for Tarun it should be easy enough to envoke by opening RegEdit and removing the permissions on either some known entries that get flagged by the Issues scanner, or by creating some bad entries without full permissions which cause the Issues scanner to detect them.

Although I can't speak for Tarun it should be easy enough to envoke by opening RegEdit and removing the permissions on either some known entries that get flagged by the Issues scanner, or by creating some bad entries without full permissions which cause the Issues scanner to detect them.

Can you give me an example of a known entry please? Thanks Andavari. :P Hi

EDIT: nvm, there is an easy way for me to answer my own question. LOL

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Admin

Thanks for the responses on this issue. :)

I've attached the file for other people to test, as I want to ensure it works in as many cases as possible. Can you post your replies to this including your system specs. And please only use this file if your having problems with the Issue scanner not removing items.

Thanks

MrG

im having problems with about 450 issues re-appearing.

i tried to run the installation and it came up with an error,

"error-lang-1033.dll not fount."

i tried running it on another PC but with the same results.

specs of the two PC's are in my SIG.

---------------

nevermind, i figured it out.

it didnt work Mr G.

all the issues are still reappearing.

it was my laptop that was having the problems.

they're all issues with unused file extensions if thats any help.

• Admin

Hi all,

I've isolated most of the problems, but want to make sure the fix is as wide ranging as possible. So can somebody/everybody post the exact steps they use to reproduce the problem?

(Please note that only admin accounts should be used. Most issues won't be removed if a non-Admin account is used. This is a feature of the OS not a bug.)

MrG