Recuva returns zero files when scan suggests files found

CityofSyn

I'm trying to recover files from a flash drive. I've tried the regular and deep scan. I search for all file types even though they are all video files. During the scan process, the window states a current progress metric and I see upwards of 2,000 files: Scanning drive for deleted files, Current progress: 63%, 2031 file(s). However, when the scan completes, nothing is shown for files. Is there another way to make this work?

Guest johnccleaner

Recuva has some filters built-in that will filter out files that one typically wouldn't want to, or shouldn't, recover; these files will show up in the number of scanned files, but will not (by default) show in the list since it wouldn't typically be useful to recover them.

You can disable these filters by going into Recuva's Options, then the "Actions" tab: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048410512

Check the first 3 items and none of these filters will be applied. 

(Note that this does not mean that the files will be recoverable or usable if able to be recovered; it will simply prevent Recuva from filtering what it has located.)