CCleaner Professional Plus on Android

kbv

I just purchased a 1 Year subscription for the CCleaner Professional Plus Suite mainly because it claimed and states in my confirmation email that the product provides support for 1 Year subscription to CCleaner Professional Plus Suite for 3 devices (for PC, Mac or Android). 

After installing  CCLeaner on my Android I tried to open the app and received a message stating that "this app is supported by personalized advertising blah, blah, blah". So why am I paying for a 1 year subscription advertised as supporting 3 devices including an Android and I still have to pay an additional fee to upgrade to avoid adds. Where is the "Truth in Advertising" with this.

Anyone out there know of  a resolution for this issue??

• Moderators

I'd noticed that Pro Plus and Premium now state Android  as well as Windows/Mac.

The licencing for that is something they have been working on for a while.

Were there any particular instructions in the confirmation email about downloading/installing the Android version? Or maybe special instructions about registering it?

I would imagine that the one as 'standard' on the Play Store (not tied into a CCleaner bundle) is still tied into Google's licencing conditions?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

The confirmation email does have a link to install ccleaner on your andriod device but unfortunatly it goes through google store to install. The first screen you get states "This app is supported by personalized advertising. The paid version allows you to opt out of adds, CCleaner marketing and analytics". After installing you have 2 options (continue with adds or upgrade now).

But when you select "upgrade now" you get the window to select how you want to be billed (yearly or monthly) to upgrade??? 

If this is all about google then CCLeaner needs to create their own downloadable app or make it clear that there is an additional google monthly charge to use their app without the adds on your android. If you read the reviews on the version with adds their is a lot of complaints about not being able to stop or hide the "very" lengthly adds on the CCleaner version with adds.

Thanks for your response, I guess I need to complain to ccleaner about their advertising policy.

• Moderators

I'd try emailing support@ccleaner.com with your request/complaint.

You always had to buy the Android version through the PlayStore, but from the current adverts for Pro Plus and Premium the impression is that they have finally managed to have it included with the bundle licence.

Just for reference, the current ads suggest that the restriction mentioned here last year has now been overcome?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest johnccleaner

That's correct, the 'Upgrade Now' button will ask you for payment, as that would be the most common way for users to update.

Please check here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043844-How-to-register-and-activate-CCleaner-Professional#h_01GAP5TG6C06QSHJ8R43EMMJRM for information on using your CCleaner Professional Plus license key in CCleaner for Android.