Recuva data privacy

Yera

I'm sorry in advance if this question has been answered a thousend of times before (I've searched for it, but the things I found were mostly about CCleaner). 
I just really wanted to be sure about it before using the product. 

Is it possible for Recuva (free version) to access/see the personal files (photos, documents etc) one recovers/is trying to recover? Or are they stored on the personal computer/device only?

I've looked through the privacy policy and found a list of what Recuva does collect, but I was hoping for a straightforward answer. 

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Well of course it has to be able to access/read the files data to recover them, but I don't think that is what you are asking.

I'm guessing what you really mean is are any of them transmitted anywhere online?

The answer is no, they stay local.

The data that can be recovered is read from the source drive into your computer's memory and then written to the destination drive, there is no need to send it anywhere else.

If you are still worried about the posibility then simply go offline before running Recuva.
It's a good idea to be offline anyway if you are trying to recover deleted files from your System Drive (usually C:), it prevents any Windows Updates, other updates, etc. from possibly overwriting what you are trying to recover.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Nothing is sent anywhere, if you are concerned then as said go offline before recovering.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043