download directdraw

TheFiresInTheSky

i need to download directdraw.

when i go to dxdiag on the display tab, it says not available.

ive searched for it but found nothing.

i also have the latest version of directX.

any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

-aaron

all three of them are grayed out and disabled.

they all say "Not Available"

this is on a laptop if that makes any difference.

ive attached all the information from directX.

directxqr9.th.png

That's weird. For some reason, DxDiag is not recongnizing your video card. On the left, where it says "DEVICE", it sholud have all the info on your card, all you show is "N/A". You may need to reinstall the card to see if it clears up.

When I played HALO CE on my computer, I had to replace my Omega graphics drivers with the standard NVIDIA drivers. It didn't like the fact that the Omega drivers were not WHQL logo'd.

the only thing i can think of is i used to use a program called logmein.com and it used a mirror driver.

i just installed my drivers and in the middle of the installation, i got the blue screen and it restarted.

i had to go into safe mode, go back, then i tried installing the driver and it worked but i saw no difference with directX.

MY TOSHIBA DOWNLOADS is where all my downloads are.

ive tried the Windows XP Display Driver for Intel 830MG Display Adapter (v6.13.01.2973; 01-04-2002; 5.99M) but no luck there.

-aaron

• Moderators

I didn't get far into your dxdiag.txt log file until I noticed this:

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Windows generic drivers evidently aren't allowing DirectX to function fully.

I'd say you need to find video drivers from the display card manufacturer. The manufacturer can be found in Device Manager by selecting Properties on the display card.

Edit:

In Device Manager you can also update the drivers from there over the Internet, although doing it that way means you won't have a choice in what drivers are delivered to your system, e.g.; the newest version. You should look on the manufacturer website for Windows Hardware Lab Certified drivers.

Edit2:

What hell is with that screenshot it states your monitor is running at 1hz, wtf.

• Moderators

Not the PC manufacturer, the display card manufacturer, "ATI", etc. Unless of course if Toshiba manufacturers their own display cards.

PC manufacturer websites including Windows Update typically have old outdated not recommended drivers when compared to the display card manufacturer website.

What model is your toshiba? Laptop or desktop?

where can i find out about my cards details?

CPU-Z 1.36
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Aaron idon't know if you have this free utility but it tells you all your computers details, and its totally safe (and small) got it off Andy's site.

http://www.alexnolan.net/software/sysspec.htm

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Aaron idon't know if you have this free utility but it tells you all your computers details, and its totally safe (and small)

http://www.alexnolan.net/software/sysspec.htm

didnt know of that one. thanks.

ill check these out as soon as i finish my system restore.

the display drivers i installed from toshiba f***ed up my laptop.

didnt know of that one. thanks.

ill check these out as soon as i finish my system restore.

the display drivers i installed from toshiba f***ed up my laptop.

Ok, as old as your laptop is... here!

Most laptops from that time used...S3 Integrated Graphics If I'm wrong on the model which I doubt yours uses the ProSavageDDR because your Laptop only goes my Memory model SDRAM and not DDR.

If I was wrong go back here and try...S3 Pro SavageDDR integrated graphics (KM/KN/PM/P4M/P4N266)

Note: My a System restore before Installing any of the following.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• Moderators

Also if you right-click on the my computer icon, choose properties, hardware, device manager, click+ sign next to display adapters, right click on your card, choose properties and look at the driver tab also for the those details.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Also if you right-click on the my computer icon, choose properties, hardware, device manager, click+ sign next to display adapters, right click on your card, choose properties and look at the driver tab also for the those details.

It may not even show any useful details since no Drivers are Installed.

new age, that program didnt help find any information as to which one to download from that link you provided.

hazel, i click display and the only adapter thats available is logmein mirror driver.

should there be more?

and i need to know how to find the information to tell me which download i need.

thanks.

Download the first driver I listed. Try to Install it and see what happens. make a System Restore point BEFORE Installing.

sorry, i was looking at the wrong thing.

i tried the first one and got this error log.

=========== S3SETUP LOG FILE - Started at 17:54:11 on 8-22-2006 ===========S3Setup v1.00.16-JV (1.01.06) on Win XP bAllowReboot: TRUE bSilentReboot: TRUE bPromptReboot: TRUE bPromptSilentReboot: FALSE VendorID to find:5333INF File Located at: D:\Documents and Settings\Aaron\Desktop\TEMP CRAP\Rar$EX11.023\S3IShld\ps5333ut.infNo display adapter for specified vendor can be detected, or hardware detection could not determine display adapter type. Hardware detect returned -4.DestroyTimerWindow returned an error!-> Setup was unable to complete the installation.  Check the progress log in your Windows directory for more details.

im trying the other link now.

sorry, i was looking at the wrong thing.

i tried the first one and got this error log.

=========== S3SETUP LOG FILE - Started at 17:54:11 on 8-22-2006 ===========S3Setup v1.00.16-JV (1.01.06) on Win XP bAllowReboot: TRUE bSilentReboot: TRUE bPromptReboot: TRUE bPromptSilentReboot: FALSE VendorID to find:5333INF File Located at: D:\Documents and Settings\Aaron\Desktop\TEMP CRAP\Rar$EX11.023\S3IShld\ps5333ut.infNo display adapter for specified vendor can be detected, or hardware detection could not determine display adapter type. Hardware detect returned -4.DestroyTimerWindow returned an error!-> Setup was unable to complete the installation.  Check the progress log in your Windows directory for more details.

im trying the other link now.

Just to note I'm no expert on this I just thought those drivers were the right one. Hmm... thats really odd. I've never encounted that Error before.

the other one, i tried but it also failed. i couldnt find the error log for that one.

nice try tho. ;)

Ha! I found it! BRB...doin research on the driver. All I know now that it is Intel based. :)

Driver!

- Good luck!

THIS DRIVER DELETED MY TASKBAR!

i made a new account so i can see if it atleast worked.

if it does, ill just move all my files over.

my taskbar only appears when explorer.exe is shutdown then restarted and even then, it only pops up for a sec, doesnt allow me to click it either.

EDIT: i also tried taskbar! plus i think its called but it didnt help and the option to restore the taskbar was grayed out.

EDIT: finally get everything downloaded and now it tells me my video hardware is below the recommended minimum specs for the game!

i clicked continue anyways and it looks like its working fine.

my friends been buggin me so long to play it!