Can't read check-off list

farmer

Hi

Just downloaded CC. Am using Win98se, 256bit hi color w/600x800 res. On the left pane of CC where you check which files to keep/delete, I can't read those. All other graphics in CC seem to be ok. Have not had this problem with any other programs. BTW, I'm a 60yo farmer...know the difference between monitor and modem, but it gets a tad fuzzy beyond that. ;) Just bear that in mind when you (hopefully) respond with a fix. Thanks.

• Moderators

Can you post a screenshot of what your seeing? To do this press the alt+prt scr buttons and then open up paint and press ctrl+V. Save the file as a .jpg and upload it here:

http://imageshack.us/

It will give you a couple of links for the picture. Get the one that says for forums(there are 2 shouldn't matter which you pick.) and paste that link onto the forum.

Can you post a screenshot of what your seeing? To do this press the alt+prt scr buttons and then open up paint and press ctrl+V. Save the file as a .jpg and upload it here:

http://imageshack.us/

It will give you a couple of links for the picture. Get the one that says for forums(there are 2 shouldn't matter which you pick.) and paste that link onto the forum.

This is link...I hope... Thanks for the guidence

ccscreenshotcy4.jpg

• Moderators

Right click your desktop>properties>appearance and make sure font size is set to normal. If thats not it go to start>All Programs>accessories>accessibility> accessibility wizard. Follow the prompts and make sure you set everything to normal size font.

Right click your desktop>properties>appearance and make sure font size is set to normal. If thats not it go to start>All Programs>accessories>accessibility> accessibility wizard. Follow the prompts and make sure you set everything to normal size font.

Sorry it took so long to get back. I followed your tip and when I tried CC again, I am still getting the the "RUN TIME ERROR 0" message with yellow triangle. Maybe I should uninstall CC and start over? Or is there an easier way?

Stumbled across the fix to my problem. In Firefox 1.5, under View, Encoding I changed setting from Western ISO8859-1 to Western Windows-1252 and now I can read the check off list.

Might want to make note of that should anybody else have this problem. Thanks for everybody's effort to help me.

The font encoding setting in Firefox should not affect the font settings in CCleaner.

CCleaner should use the system default as defined by your Windows desktop configuration/theme.

Windows 98 SE is quite out dated. 8 years old now?

Wow, time flies... :(

You cant have "256bit hi color", you either have 256 (8 bit) colors, or you have 65535 colors (16 bit / high color), or you have 16,7 milion colors (24 bit / true color).

You probably do have 800x600, not 600x800. Which is quite big unless you have a small monitor. I use 1280x1024 on a 19".

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

The font encoding setting in Firefox should not affect the font settings in CCleaner.

CCleaner should use the system default as defined by your Windows desktop configuration/theme.

Windows 98 SE is quite out dated. 8 years old now?

Wow, time flies... :(

You cant have "256bit hi color", you either have 256 (8 bit) colors, or you have 65535 colors (16 bit / high color), or you have 16,7 milion colors (24 bit / true color).

You probably do have 800x600, not 600x800. Which is quite big unless you have a small monitor. I use 1280x1024 on a 19".

Well, should not and did are two different things. All I know is that I changed the font setting in FireFox and now I can read the check off list. And there have been no problems reading other sites nor programs.

You are right on the 800x600 and I have 16 bit/hi color resolution.

And this is an ancient 'puter, built in '97. But, being a farmer, it is all I can afford. Although prices are starting to drop. Maybe by Christmas, I can get a new one...especially if it will rain here in East Texas.

BTW, I "solved" the run time error by uninstalling CC and reinstalling it. After the reinstall, fonts were the same; thats when I changed the setting in FireFox.

Again, thanks to all for their time and suggestions.