A problem that I can only show...

Xarox

Hi!

I am new here and I have not bought this program yet, but, you can probably figure out that I have a problem with a software because I am here.

So, my antivirus refuse to open up to desktop. It is running perfectly fine. The icon is next to the clock as you will soon see in the attached video, but, it refuses to open.

Because of this I cannot make any settings to it.

I've uninstalled and cleaned registry manually, as much as I have dared to. I've used youtube videos to help me with this. I've then reinstalled my antivirus and the problem still remains.

So, before I go to the next step in finding help, I came here... Before I spend money on this program, do you think it will make my problem go away?

Should I do a clean with the antivirus installed or should I do a clean after I have uninstalled it and then later reinstall it again?

Any help in this is appreciated!

Regards,

Xarox

• Moderators

I don't understand why you have asked this here rather than on your AV's own website and forum?

Even simpler - I've just goggled "XXXXX will not open" (where XXXXX is the name of your particular AV) and the first result found is the answer to your issue in their own FAQ pages.

It's exactly as you describe, the AV is running but you can't open the UI to get to the settings.

It's usually a problem with one of your Windows Net Framework versions.
Use 'Check for Updates' in Wndows to make sure that you have all the latest Net Framework versions you need.
If after updating you find that you still need to repair your NetFramework versions then see this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

PS. I have removed your video for security reasons, which was the only thing actually telling us what the name of your AV is.
It isn't needed anyway, just google like above and go to your AV's own website.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

9 hours ago, nukecad said:

I don't understand why you have asked this here rather than on your AV's own website and forum?

Even simpler - I've just goggled "XXXXX will not open" (where XXXXX is the name of your particular AV) and the first result found is the answer to your issue in their own FAQ pages.

It's exactly as you describe, the AV is running but you can't open the UI to get to the settings.

It's usually a problem with one of your Windows Net Framework versions.
Use 'Check for Updates' in Wndows to make sure that you have all the latest Net Framework versions you need.
If after updating you find that you still need to repair your NetFramework versions then see this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

PS. I have removed your video for security reasons, which was the only thing actually telling us what the name of your AV is.
It isn't needed anyway, just google like above and go to your AV's own website.

OMG!

I have searched like a mad person (mostly using google) and I haven't found anything... I've posted on the AV forum for the program about this and I have got no response there... I even went to Reddit under the windows 10 section... No help there either...

I had given up, testing things by myself boiling it down to that it had to be the registry in windows 10...

This site was the last way out... Maybe CCleaner could find and remove the problem which I thought was in the registry...

Wow! I am so VERY thankful for your help!

This has been super frustrating! Now I'm gonna look into the possible solution that you had for me and try it...

Regards,

Xarox 

• Moderators

Searching the Web can be an artform, the Web has got full of junk these days and you have to know how to navigate through the dross.

Often enclosing your search term in double quotes like above gets a more focused set of finds. (But sometimes it's too focused and you get nothing).

Usually in a browser the double quote marks means - results must include what is in the quotes - you can use more than one set of double quote marks around different words in a search.

Hope the Net Framework thing sorts it out for you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043