CCleaner Driver Updater RUINED my Bluetooth!

AntiTrust

4 minutes ago, DalaiLhama said:

Any help yet??? I'm running into the very same issue here, my Bluetooth speaker stopped working with my laptop after I updated the drivers through CCleaner and I can't find any way to solve this. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

I noticed for a number of weeks now that the driver is not being offered anymore when I scan for driver updates. It appears Ccleaner FINALLY pulled the driver update recommendation. 

Unfortunately, the only way I found to fix the issue is to reinstall Windows and then block the driver if Ccleaner recommends it again. 

Guest Andrei CCleaner
9 hours ago, DalaiLhama said:

Any help yet??? I'm running into the very same issue here, my Bluetooth speaker stopped working with my laptop after I updated the drivers through CCleaner and I can't find any way to solve this. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!

Hello @DalaiLhama, please email our team at support@ccleaner.com so they could help you out with this issue as soon as possible.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, AntiTrust said:

Unfortunately, the only way I found to fix the issue is to reinstall Windows ......

Before doing a full reinstall of Windows there are a couple of things to try:

First you can run the (now hidden) Windows  'Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter'.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/hardware-and-devices-troubleshooter-missing-in-windows-10

OR- you can re-install just the Bluetooth Device rather than all of Windows:

1. Open Device Manager and go to the Bluetooth section. (If you can't see Bluetooth then click 'View' > 'Show hidden devices').
  2. Right-click on the Bluetooth device and select 'Uninstall Device'.
  3. Close Device Manager and "Restart" (not shutdown) your computer.
  4. During the Restart Windows will/should detect that there has been a hardware change and reinstall the Bluetooth Device and driver.

There are a few other things that you can try here:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/bluetooth-is-missing-or-not-showing-in-device-manager

If you do decide/need to do a full reinstall of Windows then you should do an 'In-place upgrade' selecting the opton to keep your previous files and apps:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/perform-windows-10-in-place-upgrade

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 8 months later...

Ok, so, I'm back, I decided to do a factory reset of my laptop, deleting all data and everything and reinstalling Windows 10, and I still can't use my bluetooth speakers with my laptop. I tried doing the whole thing AGAIN but this time upgrading to Windows 11 and the issue persisted. Just to be clear, the speakers work with any other device, the issue is with my laptop's bluetooth, and they also work if I just connect them to my computer using the audio jack. I've tried emailing  support@ccleaner.com and haven't received any replies whatsoever.

Is it safe to say that you guys have given up on this issue altogether? Is there really no way around this? This is crazy...

As the problem continued after a factory reset is it possible the Bluetooth module has failed?
In the end I has to restore an image of Windows 10 to get the BT/headphones working then upgrade to Windows 11. Took me all day to install all changed & new files & programs since the original upgrade (9 months’ worth).

Edited by Bastet
Addendum.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

On 01/08/2023 at 06:10, Bastet said:

As the problem continued after a factory reset is it possible the Bluetooth module has failed?
In the end I has to restore an image of Windows 10 to get the BT/headphones working then upgrade to Windows 11. Took me all day to install all changed & new files & programs since the original upgrade (9 months’ worth).

Damn, that sounds brutal... What I went through already took me a heck of a lot of time, I'm not sure I want to go through this kind of stuff again. Is there no way to take care of this without having to go through something like that? If I have to reinstall Windows and all my programs again and my Bluetooth still doesn't work I'll end up throwing my laptop out the window...

I’m sure some have complained that clean installing Windows doesn’t get the Bluetooth working which is strange as this would remove the drivers, unless of course the driver has somehow broken the Bluetooth module itself.
This is a long shot:
Start > services.msc 
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the Bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any. 

Start > services.msc 
Right-click "Bluetooth Support Service."
Choose Automatic.
Go to device manager and right-click on your computer name and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Install the Bluetooth device drivers from the manufacturer's website, if any. 

If the BT device isn’t showing under device manager or under show hidden devices then shutdown the pc, unplug the power cable & then reconnect, then go to device manager & see if there’s any unknown devices showing, if so uninstall this & then scan for hardware changes & hopefully Bluetooth will reappear.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.