No Bluetooth after updating drivers

Nayahhxx

So after CCleaner recommended me to update my driver, which I did afterwards, but now I have a problem with my Bluetooth. I can't connect anything with my Bluetooth. I bought a new Bluetooth stick, thinking mine was just broken, but still it didn't connect to anything. 

I tried to reinstall Bluetooth drivers in divice manager, but that didn't solve anything.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Nayahhxx Can you please see if this can be resolved by reverting the driver(s) CCleaner installed, using the following steps?

1. Open CCleaner > click Driver Updater
  2. Click "Fix a problem" > Help me
  3. Click "Not sure" > Show all relevant drivers
  4. Place a checkmark next to "Your drivers"
  5. From the "Drivers installed" drop-down, select "Anytime"
  6. Click "Revert Selected"

Otherwise if this doesn't work, our support team would like to investigate further, and they're eager to ensure this will be resolved.

You can easily contact our support team via email, using support@ccleaner.com. 

CCleaner ruined my computer too! OMG, I spent about 20 hours on this. I'm so mad! I finally fixed it though. The only way was to completely re-install Windows 11! 

Attached is a screenshot. 

I have a Bluetooth speaker that I use for my computer audio. It's been working flawlessly forever. CCleaner recommends driver updates. I've NEVER had issues in the past. All of a sudden, CCleaner recommends a "Avrcp Transport" driver update for my speaker. I proceeded without paying much attention, because I knew I could revert the driver back. 

Look closely at the screenshot. The driver release date is from July 25, 2014! The current version installed is from 2022. Why in the heck is CCleaner trying to download something so old? 

What happens? My Bluetooth speaker I have to reconnect to Windows, but it connects as a headset. The audio is HORRIBLE! If I go to Control Panel > Sound, there is NO WAY for me to switch it from headset to speaker. I right-click, click Connect, and nothing happens.

I spent countless hours in Device Manager uninstalling drivers and reinstalling. NOTHING fixes the issue! I tried to revert back the driver in CCleaner, but it doesn't work! I reboot the computer, open CCleaner, go to Driver Update, and it shows "installed." There's zero options to revert it since I already did it once. 

I really like CCleaner despite all the hate they get, but this has totally got me thinking I need to reconsider CCleaner as a product going forward. They claim the Driver Updater is "Safe," but this week's experiences 100% prove them wrong. 

I reinstalled Windows. Reinstalled all my apps, and ran Driver Updater AGAIN. At this time, I didn't know it was CCleaner causing the problem on my 2nd attempt to reinstall Windows. I even went as far as buying 2 new Bluetooth speakers! When connecting a Sony and a Bose speaker they both were affected too. Windows ONLY wanted to play as a "headset" and not a "speaker." By this time I reinstalled Windows a THIRD time. I paid real close attention and when I got the Driver Updater I noticed the release date from 2014 and realized this is what's causing the problem. 

CCleaner, PLEASE FIX THIS! I have the driver "skipped" for now, but you REALLY need to fix this so others don't lose their Bluetooth speakers as well. I was going crazy thinking it was something much worse hardware related. The Bluetooth speakers works PERFECTLY up until this "recommended" driver update is installed. Once it's installed, there's no reverting it. I reverted it, but it didn't actually do anything. 

ccleaner Bad Driver Update.png