Advanced WindowsCare V2

res45

Res45. Ive been using it for about a month. it works great & I really like the way it shows you the details of the problems before it fixes them . It also works well along side of ccleaner As in each of them don,t allways get rid of everything, But both will together, Anyway i like it & it,s very safe, Just My opinion ,. Cowboy

Res45. Ive been using it for about a month. it works great & I really like the way it shows you the details of the problems before it fixes them . It also works well along side of ccleaner As in each of them don,t allways get rid of everything, But both will together, Anyway i like it & it,s very safe, Just My opinion ,. Cowboy

Thanks glad to hear from another user.

Once again I should have known better to express my opinion. All I said is it,s been working for Me. If You haven,t tryed it & want to search for bad press about it thats fine. & as far as the topic posted I only seen one or two bad opinions about it. & once again it will allow You to fix what You want to. If You dont know what it is dont mess with it. & furthermore it would be easier to take advice from the moderators if they could at least get along with each other . I wont make the mistake of making My opinion known again. But thanks to all that have been very helpfull. Cowboy

Once again I should have known better to express my opinion. All I said is it,s been working for Me. If You haven,t tryed it & want to search for bad press about it thats fine. & as far as the topic posted I only seen one or two bad opinions about it. & once again it will allow You to fix what You want to. If You dont know what it is dont mess with it. & furthermore it would be easier to take advice from the moderators if they could at least get along with each other . I wont make the mistake of making My opinion known again. But thanks to all that have been very helpfull. Cowboy

Well Cowboy I appreciate your opinion I have found nothing wrong with this program I'm all over computer's on a daily basic and I have seen no ill effects of this program. As far as error reporting goes I turn that crap off anyways to start with and a bunch of other usless windows services. I do everything from type simply notes on note pad to editing audio and digital movie files on this computer. I to was just passng along some info. If you dont want to use it dont. Even the program this forum is based on screws up computer ever now and then. You can find bad press on anything if you look hard enought or have your own agenda.

• Moderators

The only thing I remember hearing about this program was that it broke WMP and prevented it from checking for song/artist names when they ripped cds and unchecking it didn't fix it.

As long as checking stuff back made it work again then it would be fine I guess. I just wouldn't use the things it does but if you like it then why not.

The only thing I remember hearing about this program was that it broke WMP and prevented it from checking for song/artist names when they ripped cds and unchecking it didn't fix it.

As long as checking stuff back made it work again then it would be fine I guess. I just wouldn't use the things it does but if you like it then why not.

I dont use Media Player that often but just checked that out seem to be working fine on this end. Thanks for the tip though.

• Moderators

I dont use Media Player that often but just checked that out seem to be working fine on this end. Thanks for the tip though.

That could have been an issue from an old version. It was probably at least 6 months ago so it could have been fixed a long time ago. :D

I'll have used Advaced Window Care V2.

From my point of view it works but it does also do things that "harm" your OS.

After I used AWC I had to re?nstall my pc because a custom made software didn't worked anymore.

After the re?nstall we re-used AWC and saw that ther where thing that AWC disabled witch are important for my software. so we let AWC do his work with unchecking these item and everything works fine and the PC works a little bit better overall.

The internet is wonderfull, only the 90% of crap on it isn't!

I love CCleaner IPB Image

If you don't like me, don't look at me or speak with me!

So far...I have had no problems but if any comes across my end I'll let anyone around here know.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Advanced WindowsCareV.2 Beta 3.6 Is released.

Latest Changes:

>Added a memory-clean tool

>Improved auto-update function

>Improved Ignore List

>Adjusted menu placement

>Fixed bugs in "System Analysis" Module

>Fixed the bug in Installation

>Fixed general bugs

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

i dont like how they have added the memory clean tool, it doesnt help, just makes the computer slower by using the page file instead of the ram.

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

I tried this program and it seemed OK but then:

While updating SpywareBlaster I noticed that it said ' 1 item has protection disabled." Since I hadn't disabled any protection I scrolled through the list and I found out the item was Overture. I did a Google search for "SpywareBlaster Overture" and the first link was to spywareinfo.com where it said that Advanced Windowscare V2 does this.

spywareinfo

Mike , I noticed that to. But everytime I reboot & initialize spywareblaster it shows 1 item disabled. I just click enable all & it shows 0 disabled. Also what I read is that overture is bundled with Yahoo. I have searched my whole system & found nothing that shouldn,t be there , So I Still dont see a problem with AWC. I would be more apt to think installing anything to do with Yahoo, even the tool bar would be more of a threat. Once again Just My opinion. Cowboy

I did the same thing and came to the same conclusion. That's why I didn't say anything really negative like l never use this again, etc. I will probably try it again when I have time and try to see if I can determine what changes it makes and go from there. One thing I did really like about it was that it uses TrendMicro for its online scan which for me seems to be one of the best online scanners. It often finds items that others don't and although I don't know for sure that they aren't false positives [the last scan said I had Abetterinternet which I don't think I did] I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As far as Yahoo goes, I don't know if you read this link from the spywareinfo forum but it's discouraging that some of the big names on the internet do not do more to discourage intrusive and annoying practices or worse, encourage or enable them.

Thanks for the reply, btw. Your previous post made it sound like you were leaving the forum, and personally I hope you stay. I agree with you that some people here seem to be inclined toward negativity and/or don't respect the opinions of those they disagree with. But what makes this forum worthwhile are the people who really listen to and care about other members and their concerns and at least for now they seem to outnumber by a large margin those that don't. You've helped me in the past and hopefully you'll be around to help people in the future.

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply, btw. Your previous post made it sound like you were leaving the forum, and personally I hope you stay. I agree with you that some people here seem to be inclined toward negativity and/or don't respect the opinions of those they disagree with. But what makes this forum worthwhile are the people who really listen to and care about other members and their concerns and at least for now they seem to outnumber by a large margin those that don't. You've helped me in the past and hopefully you'll be around to help people in the future.

Well said, I totally agree :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Thanks Mike, thanks to a few other nice folks like yourself i decided to stick around. They just added the trend micro online scan recently & I agree I think its also a great addition. Iv,e never been able to complete theyre scan from any other link, but was able to from AWC. Not sure why. but it worked. Also when I downloaded the latest version ,It said My trial subscription will expire sept 15. So not sure what that means either. I hope I,m able to keep it. Anyway thanks again. Cowboy

[quote name='Mike Rochip'

Totally agree. :)

Glad you decided to stay Cowboy and obviously other people are too.

It's interesting you said that the TrendMicro scan didn't complete before using AWC. The same thing happened to me. I know that it doesn't like dialup and the slow connection seems to be an issue. I've also noticed they seem to be working to improve the scan and it's definately better than it was a few months ago.

And thanks to everyone that replied in this thread and/or PMed me or Cowboy. I appreciate it and although I can't speak for Cowboy I bet he does too. We've got a good group of people in this forum.