I'm leaving CCleaner - A lifetime purchase should work for a lifetime.+ Free Key

0wl

Hi,

I've been a long-time user of this app and software for both phone and windows. I bought it for both. 

I know businesses/companies like Piriform don't care much if one person goes, but I thought I'd say anyway because of how let down I have felt by the software and the way supporting members have been treated for a while now.

I bought a lifetime license, and that should mean it works for a lifetime, most the features no longer work with my license, even the basic cleaning isn't actually a pro version. It seems CCleaner has forced the loyal members into a corner and given them the shaft after they supported them for years, kicked them out and invalidated their lifetime keys.

I am also having constant issues trying to get the features to work, the shady way they block people that have a lifetime license with a fake error claiming the internet is not connected is completely wrong and is just another big middle finger to us.

I will be switching to IOBit Software for registry cleaning and driver updates etc as they have continued to support their members and have not blocked old ones out.

I am sad to see what has come to what was once an amazing company and software.

I suggest anyone else that feels this way say how they feel or they'll probably continue to take advantage of you.

I'll attach my license just so you know I did make the purchase and mean what I say. I have not edited anything other than to remove the personal details. I'll probably give away my key here later as it's next to useless now.

lisence.thumb.png.03b470879761c8328e7954f6ebad7d90.png

Edited by 0wl
Spelling and grammar

• 0wl changed the title to I'm leaving CCleaner - A lifetime purchase should work for a lifetime.+ Free Key

as far as i know, "ccleaner" (avast) is still honoring lifetime licenses.

if you are getting a message saying "cannot connect," see if your HOSTS file is causing the problem. you can disable your HOSTS file temporarily by renaming it to "nohosts." you can change it back to "hosts" after you have finished troubleshooting.

do you use the "spybot s&d" antimalware program? it has been known to cause problems with HOSTS files, in the past, and it is the only program that i know of that generates a HOSTS file and so that is why i suspect that it is the source of the problem that some people have been having with not being able to activate their ccleaner licenses, due to "cannot connect."

again, try disabling your HOSTS file to see if it is causing the "cannot connect" problem.

the HOSTS file is located at "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 23:26, redwolfe_98 said:

as far as i know, "ccleaner" (avast) is still honoring lifetime licenses.

if you are getting a message saying "cannot connect," see if your HOSTS file is causing the problem. you can disable your HOSTS file temporarily by renaming it to "nohosts." you can change it back to "hosts" after you have finished troubleshooting.

do you use the "spybot s&d" antimalware program? it has been known to cause problems with HOSTS files, in the past, and it is the only program that i know of that generates a HOSTS file and so that is why i suspect that it is the source of the problem that some people have been having with not being able to activate their ccleaner licenses, due to "cannot connect."

again, try disabling your HOSTS file to see if it is causing the "cannot connect" problem.

the HOSTS file is located at "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc"

They deactivated mine after I posted this.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 172737.png