CCleaner Pro Does Not Find and Delete All Garbage

Ed Martin

I am a long time user of CCleaner Pro.  While I am told not to worry about the amount of cookies and garbage the quickly accumulates in my computer, even while it sits there inactively, I am not willing to ignore the immediate build up of perhaps 4000MB of trash.  When I run CCleaner it will in the first instance find some of this trash.  I delete ("Make it Better") and start over and it will continue to find more--much more, which I continue to delete.  Usually, I must run CCleaner up to about 6 times before it no longer finds trackers, trash, etc.  This is true even though I now run only Firefox and DuckDuckGo in an effort to solve this problem.  I have deleted Google from the computer in hopes of stopping this load of unwanted trash.

I have always thought that CCleaner was a good product and I have paid for the Pro service thinking it would do the best job.  Can anyone tell me based on their own experience of some other "cleaner" and/or "barrier" that will actually do the job?  I would be most appreciative.  Thanks.  Ed

• Moderators

Firstly - If your trash keeps increasing then you probably have a corrupted recycle bin.
It's fairly common and is easy to fix if it is corrupted, running the fix won't harm anything so it's worth doing anyway. See this post:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/60979-empty-recycle-bin-skipped-files/?tab=comments#comment-331053

Second - On the things coming back straight after you have cleaned that is entirely normal and just the way your computer works.
They don't suddenly stop coming back after a number of cleans, it just seems like that for a minute or two because Windows pauses recreating them to try and work out why they keep being deleted.
For a longer explanation of what they are, why they come back, and how you can stop some of it see the second part of this starting at Windows files that re-appear straight after cleaning and on from there:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 20:31, Ed Martin said:

I am a long time user of CCleaner Pro.  While I am told not to worry about the amount of cookies and garbage the quickly accumulates in my computer, even while it sits there inactively, I am not willing to ignore the immediate build up of perhaps 4000MB of trash.  When I run CCleaner it will in the first instance find some of this trash.  I delete ("Make it Better") and start over and it will continue to find more--much more, which I continue to delete.  Usually, I must run CCleaner up to about 6 times before it no longer finds trackers, trash, etc.  This is true even though I now run only Firefox and DuckDuckGo in an effort to solve this problem.  I have deleted Google from the computer in hopes of stopping this load of unwanted trash.

I have always thought that CCleaner was a good product and I have paid for the Pro service thinking it would do the best job.  Can anyone tell me based on their own experience of some other "cleaner" and/or "barrier" that will actually do the job?  I would be most appreciative.  Thanks.  Ed

Hey Ed,

They won't tell you this but if you are using a lifetime key they essentially put you back to a free version, I.e it's not in your head, you paid for a pro lifetime and you're being given a "free" version of the service. They'll stop you from using any other feathures as well like the driver updater with a shady trick that tells you that your wi-fi isn't working. They are basicially giving you the middle finger and trying to get you to re-buy their newer subscription plans.

You're being given the shaft, Ed. Sorry. 

Edited by 0wl
Grammar