Firefox Extensions

rridgely

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• 3 weeks later...

AdBlock Plus: Blocks ads. I DON'T use Filterset.G (Filter list is from here. Whitelist is from here.)

AdBlock Plus Element Hiding Helper

DOM Inspector

DownloadHelper

FlashGot (w/Getright)

Ghostery

Google Toolbar

McAfee SiteAdvisor

TrackMeNot

NoScript (usually disabled)

I feel my addons are sufficient. They aren't slowing my browser.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated my list : link

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.

I uninstalled Tab Mix Plus because it was obviously eating my ram. Although I enjoy the ever loving hell out of Tab Mix Plus, I can't enjoy its ram eating function. I may have to do the same with All In Wonder Sidebar. (Another extremely useful FF add-on.) Why the friggin hell don't developers introduce alternatives to these important apps? Are they goddam retarded or something? Uh duh, uh duh? Am I missing something here? f***ing retards.

I uninstalled Tab Mix Plus because it was obviously eating my ram. Although I enjoy the ever loving hell out of Tab Mix Plus, I can't enjoy its ram eating function. I may have to do the same with All In Wonder Sidebar. (Another extremely useful FF add-on.) Why the friggin hell don't developers introduce alternatives to these important apps? Are they goddam retarded or something? Uh duh, uh duh? Am I missing something here? f***ing retards.

you mean All in One Sidebar ?

Where can I find they both eating RAM ?

Gee I was in a pissy mood when I wrote that.

After I disabled Tab Mix Plus I noticed that FF initiated in 10 - 13 seconds instead of the usual 30+ seconds. I still have All In One Sidebar enabled because it helps me too much. (When it first came out I believe it was called All-In-Wonder Sidebar but surreptitiously changed its name to not sound so corny.)

It's unfortunate about Tab Mix Plus, it was the only way I could get more than one tab opening at a time without first clicking on the New Tab button. I find it hard to believe that nobody has cloned Tab Mix since it first came out. Just look at all the other duplicates on the add-on pages. Is Tab Mix Plus patented or something?

If you have the Crash Recovery and Session Restore feature enabled in Tab Mix Plus it will slow down your startup/shutdown. Disable them and you should notice a difference.

Gee I was in a pissy mood when I wrote that.

After I disabled Tab Mix Plus I noticed that FF initiated in 10 - 13 seconds instead of the usual 30+ seconds. I still have All In One Sidebar enabled because it helps me too much. (When it first came out I believe it was called All-In-Wonder Sidebar but surreptitiously changed its name to not sound so corny.)

• 3 weeks later...

jesus, im shocked at how many add-ons some of you run lol suprised FF isn't laggy to hell.

Things for visual layout and speeding settings etc can all be manually config, so is it worth having a addon?

Any way, i only use noscript, IE tab, download status bar and tabmix plus,

I'm shocked to see none of you use Netcraft toolbar. It's an anti phising tool bar ,

# Traps suspicious URLs containing characters which have no common purpose other than to deceive.

# Enforces display of browser navigational controls (toolbar & address bar) in all windows, to defend against pop up windows which attempt to hide the navigational controls.

should be on every FF http://toolbar.netcraft.com/

No fate but what we make

Enabled :

Adblock Plus (1.0.2)

Canadian English Dictionary (1.1.2)

Download Statusbar (0.9.6.5)

Greasemonkey (0.8.20090123.1)

NoScript (1.9.3.3)

Tempomail (1.0.8)

Tree Style Tab (0.7.2009051501)

Ubiquity (0.1.8)

Disabled :

None :)

Theme :

Littlefox (1.8.50)

Plugins :

DjVULibre-3.5.21

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13-b03

Shockwave Flash

VLC Multimedia Plug-in

--

LAST EDIT : June 7th, 2009 - 18:26

Now updated as a collection, located here : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/co...c6-09cc002c766d

• 2 months later...

Most popular plugin have been mentioned but one that I do like, Yoono

Yoono aggregates all the social networking sites (facebook, Twitter, Flickr, FriendFeed,Myspace, Imeem, AIM; Yahoo , Gmail, MSN mails and their IMs, etc) in one place with crisp clear glassy GUI. And that's not all, you get real time updates of your friend and you can share data quite easily.

It contains various search engines such as Google and Wikipedia. You are able to manage Widgets such as RSS Feeds, Webnotes, News and shopping Cart. And this is not enough. You can save your Bookmarks online and restore them to any computer you have installed Yoono. After restoring you can again Sync your Bookmarks so that they all are the same making your office computer just like that at home

• 2 months later...

CustomizeGoogle - Firefox extension that enhance Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo, Ask.com, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam). All features are optional and easily configured.

Extended Copy Menu - Provides the option to copy selected text as plain text or formatted.

BBCode - Adds BBCode, HTML, XHTML & Symbols formatting to the context menu for forums.

CustomizeGoogle - Firefox extension that enhance Google search results by adding extra information (like links to Yahoo, Ask.com, MSN etc) and removing unwanted information (like ads and spam). All features are optional and easily configured.

Most features no longer work on that, I got rid of it.

• 3 weeks later...

BetterPrivacy - Can delete Flash Cookies

Clear Private Data + - Puts "Clear Private Data" in right-click menu and an optional toolbar icon

ColorZilla - Eyedropper in the browser

Flashblock - Stops flash loading and replaces it with a button to click on

GameFOX - Enhances browsing of GameFAQs boards

Greasemonkey - User Script Manager

LastPass - Password Manager

Link Alert - Displays icon next to cursor to tell you link's target

Linkification - Changes text URLs into clickable links

Nightly Tester Tools - "Useful tools for the nightly tester"

PopupMaster - Displays pop-up icon in status bar always

Read It Later (RIL) - Put pages to be read later into a list so you don't clutter bookmarks

Remove Cookies for Site - Removes cookies on the site you're browsing via right-click or optional toolbar icon

Stop Autoplay - Stops autoplay of embedded music and video

Xmarks - Sync bookmarks against other Firefox profiles and computers with Firefox installed.

Hi guys,

You just forgot to mention WOT a very effective addon and completely better than McAfee Site Advisor .

I tried both of them personally and i completely recommend WOT

You can get it at:

http://www.mywot.com/

or

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3456

Even Dr. Web Anti virus is good...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/938

A couple of cracking extensions I've stumbled across recently:

CheckPlaces (link): Checks your bookmarks are valid and the pages still exist. Also checks for duplicates and for empty folders and can restore missing favicons.

(This was a great find for me after upgrading to FF3 and finding my trusty AM Deadlink didn't work with FF3)

Form History Control (link): If you ever had to clear your entire form history because you keyed in a password in the wrong form field, or you just want to easily correct misspelled entries, this is the extension for you. Form History Control will display all form data that has been saved by the web browser. Each entry can be edited in the interface which is very helpful to correct misspelled entries in the history saving the hassle of deleting and entering the data anew. Individual or multiple entries can be deleted right from within the interface.

And seeing as there's been several FF versions since I originally posted my extensions, here's my current list:

Adblock Plus Element Hiding Helper

Adblock Plus

CheckPlaces

CookieSafe Lite

CuteMenus CrystalSVG

DownThemAll

Duplicate Tab

FEBE

FlashBlock

Form History Control

Googlebar Lite

McAfee SiteAdvisor{26.6}