Firefox Extensions

rridgely

Just discovered another useful extension. Not been using it for long but it works very well and so far I like it alot.

Tab Preview: Tab Preview is an extension that shows a preview window of tab contents when you move your mouse over a background tab. It's simple to use, but surprisingly useful.

Keyscrambler

Haven't tried this extension.Some may find it of use.

Quote:

Unlike anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that depend on recognition to remove keyloggers that they know about, KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer.

Keyscrambler link

AUTO COPY

With Autocopy all you have to do to copy text to the clipboard, is to select it, just drg the cursor over the text & instantly it copies it to the clipboard. Thats all you have to do. Select anything on a webpage and it's automatically on the clipboard. No more ctrl-c, no more Rightclick-Copy, no more Edit->Copy.

Autocopy features

# Automatically copies selected text to the clipboard

# Pastes in most fields with middle click

# Works with the Copy Plain Text extension avaliable here http://mozmonkey.com/copyplaintext/

# Statusbar button to turn autocopy on or off

# Right click on the statusbar button to quickly access autocopy's options

# Special context menu item that displays when a selection is made

# Blinks to let you know that your selection is on the clipboard

# Keyboard shortcut to turn autocopy on or off (defualt is ctrl-shift-c)

# works in Firefox, Mozilla, and Thunderbird.

Auto Copy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Found a cool one! This will dramatically shrink the amount of space your toolbars take up in firefox by combining the menu bar into one button.

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/tiny-menu/fftinymenu.html

Screenshot:

untitledgv1.th.jpg

If IE7 could do this then it would be 100 times better. :D

(the icons in the menu come from the extension cute menu)

AUTO COPY

With Autocopy all you have to do to copy text to the clipboard, is to select it, just drg the cursor over the text & instantly it copies it to the clipboard. Thats all you have to do. Select anything on a webpage and it's automatically on the clipboard. No more ctrl-c, no more Rightclick-Copy, no more Edit->Copy.

Autocopy features

# Automatically copies selected text to the clipboard

# Pastes in most fields with middle click

# Works with the Copy Plain Text extension avaliable here http://mozmonkey.com/copyplaintext/

# Statusbar button to turn autocopy on or off

# Right click on the statusbar button to quickly access autocopy's options

# Special context menu item that displays when a selection is made

# Blinks to let you know that your selection is on the clipboard

# Keyboard shortcut to turn autocopy on or off (defualt is ctrl-shift-c)

# works in Firefox, Mozilla, and Thunderbird.

Auto Copy

What am I doing wrong? I have it installed and enabled, however, it doesn't work! Thank You!

Another extension I recently stumbled across:

AutoHide: Proper full screen when pressing F11, ie NO toolbars, status bar, taskbar if so desired. And fully configurable to show what toolbars are shown (if any) in full screen. Moving cursor to top or bottom of the page will show toolbars for use then they will autohide again when you move the cursor away.

I don't use any extensions....did in the past but not with 2.0 most of the extensions are useless anyway

Not really, I have all but one of my extensions working now; if you look further, many have beta versions to comply with 2.0, and occasionally there's a workaround.

And sometimes there's of course a very good alternative to a favorite extension that does work well with 2.0.

post-5488-1162107251_thumb.jpg

Page Update Checker is a FireFox extension that automatically checks to see if web pages have changed.

Once installed, you will be able to right-click on any page in Firefox and select "Monitor for Updates." The PUC options will open up and you can select how often you would like PUC to download the webpage and see if it has changed.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/920/

Very nice; I now use it alongside Copernic to track web pages that hold my interest.

ShowIP

Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar. It also allows querying custom services by IP (right mouse button) and Hostname (left mouse button), like whois, netcraft. Additionally you can copy the IP address to the clipboard. This extension was formerly known as ipv6ident.

ShowIP link

• 2 weeks later...

You can save entire webpages and sites with this handy little tool not just bookmark them. Great for websites with info that you just gotta have and are afraid of losing it.

You can also use it for online classes by saving the content and reasearching it offline if you want. This extension is like Onfolio only better and they keep improving it. Vry handy tool when doing online research. Also saves PDF and other files.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/427/

Mike

P:S: Sorry I made a new topic out of this before by mistake can and administrator delete it for me.

Thanks

Hi,

Too many extensions slow down the browser... I have Mozilla Firefox with Google Toolbar ... and use Flashblock.

Flashblock blocks flash, and it is very cool, you still can watch flash just by clicking on an F Button.

Nandu: Html composer, is great... and I created a complete site using Nandu.

NoScript: Blocks scripts if you are having script programs.

(no longer use this but it is good)

Karl

I'm starting to not like Adblock all that much because I can input and image for it to block and low and behold hours or a few days later it will show the image I blocked - and I have to re-input it all over again.

Is that Adblock or Adblock Plus? I'm using Adblock and have had no problems at all, everything I've blocked has never reappeared.