after 1 year - can i still use the key provided?

fizzgrave866

• Moderators

How long have you had your key?
Did you buy Defraggler on it's own or as part of the 'Pro Plus' bundle?

If your key expires then your Defraggler should simply revert to the free version and continue to work exactly as before.

Without a licence key you will lose priority support and automatic updates.
You can ask for and get support on this forum.
As Defraggler has not had an update for 4 years now that shouldn't be any great loss either, and you can still update manually if an update is released.

Basically buying the pro version of Defraggler is simply paying for priority support and automatic updates.
(Many of us think that isn't worth the money).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

45 minutes ago, nukecad said:

How long have you had your key?
Did you buy Defraggler on it's own or as part of the 'Pro Plus' bundle?

If your key expires then your Defraggler should simply revert to the free version and continue to work exactly as before.

Without a licence key you will lose priority support and automatic updates.
You can ask for and get support on this forum.
As Defraggler has not had an update for 4 years now that shouldn't be any great loss either, and you can still update manually if an update is released.

Basically buying the pro version of Defraggler is simply paying for priority support and automatic updates.
(Many of us think that isn't worth the money).

i didn't have a key, as i was thinking of buying a copy (or year in this case)

am i right in remembering you also got some extra features like automatic defragmentation or were they made free?

• Moderators

Personally I'd save your money and just use the Free version.

TBH I've come to the conclusion that defragmenting is not needed at all these days, the technology no longer requires it, and Windows will do any that is necessary.
I do still have Defraggler (Free version) but only use it very ocasionally on older external HDD's that I still have.

You can schedule defragmenting at specific times in the Free version.
It does everything that the Pro version does except automatic updates, and you can set it to tell you if there is an update avaialbe so you can then update it yourself.

image.png

image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043