CCleaner Premium Multi Device Account Login Problems - we can't login

BnS

Hey everybody, I've been trying to log in to my CCleaner premium account but each time I try, I get the red  "Email or password is unrecognized" note.

We have a premium bundle including Speccy, Recuva and Kamo, and the Licence is paid up until 11/11/2023.

We has been unable to log in for a good 12 months.

Back in August 2021, I actually took screen shots of what was happening and sent them to CCleaner Support - their response at the time was that "we are having maintenance of this feature on our website ... that is the reason you are unable to access" your account.

I had no urgent need to access my account at that stage, and simply assumed that when I needed it next, I expect that they would have sorted it out .

This week, I was working on our computers, two of which had died and a third which I replaced the hard drive and had to reinstall win 10 and all other software, so I need to get into my account to change the computers which are on the licence.

So I simply downloaded CCleaner Pro as a trial version and then tried to activate the licence, but Ccleaner told me that I had no licences left to activate...so I tried to login to my account to deactivate 3 computers and put this refurbished computer onto the account.

SO WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I TRIED TO LOG IN ????? You might have guessed the answer - I get the red  "Email or password is unrecognized" note.

I tried to find a contact phone number but the 1341 500 8444 number is not connected according to my phone company.

I tried the chat function on the CCleaner login page (which I cannot even find now as I just looked for it again) and I chatted with CCleaner's  Jennifer and after a couple of days of back and forth chatting, she told me that someone would call me - CCleaner's  James called me the first night from Europe (I think) and he just told me that I had to take my computer to a Computer Technician and before I could ask him anything he simply hung up on me - no goodbye or thanks for calling, nothing - the line simply went dead.

I went back to the chat line and Jennifer tried to help again but ultimately, she also said that I should take my PC to a Computer technician.

By the way, I contacted computer technician in town and he told me that only CClener can give me access to my CCleaner account.

I NEED TO SAY HERE, that although Jennifer was unable to help me, SHE WAS JUST LOVELY and I cannot fault her attitude and helpfulness.

Now the saga continues - somewhere I found a "Contact Support" box to click on - sadly, I cannot remember where I found it  -   and I  was able to send an email through to CCleaner's Support Line. I was thrilled to receive a response yesterday morning and CCleaner's Neri said that she would help me through to the end.

She made a suggestion to go to the "Manage Account" part of my one healthy computer's active CCleaner and there I could gain access to my Account and change the information _the computers which are on the account - UNFORTUNATELY, the only option I could find there is to cancel my CCleaner subscription. I don't want to cancel my CCleaner account - I have been using their product for over 20 years.

I tried to reply to Neri but I have heard nothing back.

This evening I tried to use the "Reply" function in my TPG Post Office through 2 different Web Browsers, Firefox (my usual Browser) and then logged into the Post Office using Google Chrome, letting Neri know that her suggestion did not seem to work  - I'm hoping she replies.

The last option I have thought of is to go back to the "Contact Support" box BUT I CAN'T FIND IT.

If anybody has any ideas, please talk to me - 12 months is too long for this sort of error to go on without being rectified.

IF CCLEANER STAFF CAN SEE THIS - PLEASE HELP.

I have paid in advance for a multi-computer premium product  - why do I feel like we have been blocked by Piriform / Avast CCleaner ???

Thank you Hazelnut - I have copied and pasted my original post into the description of my request to https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507

I have also now saved that web page into my browser.

As I said in that post, I'm unsure if the "Support@ccleaner.com" is allowing my emails to get through - I realize that this sounds impossible, but I have found that there have been more than one email addresse which have somehow put me in their spam folders, and I have NEVER sent to more than 3 or 4 recipients at any one time.

I'm 66 years old and don't run a business, don't do social media and this CCleaner Forum is only the second forum I have ever written to.

I pray we get a solution soon - I have spent probably 10 to 12 hours on this over the past few days - I'm tired and old and pretty well over it.

• Admin
6 hours ago, BnS said:

I chatted with CCleaner's  Jennifer and after a couple of days of back and forth chatting, she told me that someone would call me

Uh oh ... that doesn't sound right ....

6 hours ago, BnS said:

CCleaner's  James called me the first night from Europe (I think) and he just told me that I had to take my computer to a Computer Technician and before I could ask him anything he simply hung up on me - no goodbye or thanks for calling, nothing - the line simply went dead.

@BnS:That was definitely not us.  We don't do outbound calls and we don't have anyone called Jennifer working for us.  You do indeed have access to premium chat support but it sounds like you went to some other website other than https://www.ccleaner.com? Checking our support contact logs back through to May, I cannot find any chat support session under your name or any variant thereof, and the first contact you have made with us since 2021 was to email us at 05:04 UK time on Wednesday where you described your experience with "Jennifer" - which was since replied to by Neri and Anne (who are real Piriform employees).

First things first, since it sounds like you may have contacted a tech support scam site:

• At any point did you give "Jennifer" or "James" any credit card or banking information, any password information, any access to your computer or did they ask you to install anything?
  • If you go back through your internet browsing history can you find the address of the website where you chatted to Jennifer or how you got there? (Google search, Facebook ad, etc).  The last complaint we had about a fake chat support site they managed to scam the unfortunate individual out of hundred of dollars and we are looking for leads to hunt these guys down.

So probably a good job by your internet service provider blocking "Jennifer"'s emails - that may have been quite the lucky escape!

Now back to your original matter:

Where are you trying to log in? Do you have the page address? We used to require people to use a log-in and password to sign in to contact support, but we retired that a couple of years ago and just let people email us directly at support@ccleaner.com or via the web form https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 and you can also look up your licence information at https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup.  The old "sign in" page should be long-gone and redirecting to the new https://support.ccleaner.com website, but if not we'll need to get the web team onto that in case any customers still have that bookmarked from years back.

We have never had a feature in licence management to deprovision old computers since requiring customers to do that would be a tedious nuisance to you all.  Our licence management system is a lot simpler than that.  If you retire old computers and install CCleaner on your new ones it will just let you do it, since that is a perfectly normal thing to be doing.  It only gets cranky if someone is up to obvious shenanigans.

7 hours ago, BnS said:

tried to activate the licence, but Ccleaner told me that I had no licences left to activate

Not quite sure what this error message would have been, but it sounds a bit like it might have said that your licence your licence was deactivated, expired or invalid or something of that nature?  If so that might be because you were using one of your old licence keys.  Your current one is for CCleaner Premium, covering up to 5 computers, that starts with "PB29-9AJS" - the details of which were in the email sent to you by Anne.

Did you receive the email from Anne?  If so, try entering that information into the CCleaner registration dialog, does that work for you?  Note that copy-pasting is highly recommended since that licence key has the letter "I" in the middle of it - which can often be accidentally transcribed as a "1" when entering it.

7 hours ago, BnS said:

I tried to reply to Neri but I have heard nothing back.

Maybe I congratulated TPG too quickly.  So I can see that you emailed us originally at 05:04 UK time on Wednesday, Neri responded at 06:42.  You raised a new ticket at 16:09 today to which Anne responded at 18:29 and I can't see anything else from you reaching us since then.  Just in case our spam filter was being impolite I ran through our spam folder and you are not there either.  Which is really odd, since you do have a history of correspondence with us from 2019-2021.

Sorry for the long response - but there was a bit to unpack there but to recap:

• Want to be certain that "Jennifer" and her pernicious colleagues have not done you a mischief
  • Can you check to see if using  the licence key that Anne provided you solves your registration issue.
  • ... and once all of that is sorted out let's see what we can do about making sure that you can contact support seamlessly for any future issues.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Hey Dave, It's Bernd.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post - just to give you a heads up - This is only the second forum I have ever written to (and the first was a motorcycle owners' forum which I only visited once or twice for maybe half an hour, 10 or 15 years ago).

What this means is that I have little idea how to "use" a forum... I just spent the past 6 hours again trying to contact you guys, with the only options seeming to be the "submit a request" page Hazelnut gave me or the chat site, and following my experience with the chat site, I don't want to go there.

FYI, it is now 10.52pm, June 25, 2022.

The last 3/4 hour has been spent logging on to the forum and trying to work out how to continue my thread. I still have no idea how to continue a thread - I only just 10 minutes ago (that's how long it has taken for me to type this out for you, now) noticed the little green dot with a message to be finally able to write something to you.

I'm NOT a computer wiz - just an old guy on a pension, who wants his and his wife's computers to work properly and safely.

So, I will try again to show you/tell you what's been happening.

I will now try to drag my last week's correspondence in here as attachments, then you can see what web sites I have been going to to try to log in - if they won't drag in, I will try to copy and paste them in for you.

10.55pm

YAY !!! it looks like that worked, but please tell me if the pictures don't come through - a couple of these files should contain screen shots.

OK - now to answer your questions

1/ I have just opened https://www.ccleaner.com? and I cannot see a chat box option obvious - that doesn't mean that there isn't one there, it just is NOT OBVIOUS TO ME.

At this moment, I will not spend any more time looking for it because I want to get to your other questions.

• At any point did you give "Jennifer" or "James" any credit card or banking information, any password information, any access to your computer or did they ask you to install anything?
  • NO
  • If you go back through your internet browsing history can you find the address of the website where you chatted to Jennifer or how you got there? (Google search, Facebook ad, etc).  The last complaint we had about a fake chat support site they managed to scam the unfortunate individual out of hundred of dollars and we are looking for leads to hunt these guys down.
  • I ALWAYS DO A FULL CCLEAN (ALL EXCEPT REGISTRY) WHEN I STOP BROWSING OR LEAVE MY COMPUTER, SO NO, I CANNOT CHECK MY BROWSER HISTORY.
  • WHAT I WILL DO THOUGH, IS TRY TO GO BACK THERE THROUGH MY BING SEARCH ENGINE - I'll do it now and see if I can find it for you...
  • please wait - I'll be back soon (I hope)
  • 11.30pm - I'm sorry, Dave, but I don't seem to be able to find it right now.
  • Try [EVIL TECH SUPPORT SCAM SITE REDACTED]
  • 11.50pm - Yes ,I believe that's it - I have it down as CCleaner Chat site - guess who's name appears there???

I shall edit the bookmark as a bogus one unless you tell me to do otherwise.

If you have a look at File named 24 - 06 - 2022 b (and the screenshots are actually in the uploaded file) you will see my steps in trying to log in.

If for whatever reason the pictures / screenshots don't show up at your end, let me know and I will type in the urls manually for you.

Now (midnight), if I understand you correctly

The old "sign in" page should be long-gone and redirecting to the new https://support.ccleaner.com website,

I should go to the new https://support.ccleaner.com website to log in - ok, i cannot find a login or sign in box or even a "My Account" box

The Registration key is correct - the computer upon which I am writing has the correct activated key in it and (except for this inability to login) CCleaner is functioning properly.

As far as emailing you goes, look closely at file 24 - 06 - 2022 a where you will see the emails sent to you at support@ccleaner.com.

As I have stated earlier, my emails don't seem to be getting through to you so until we both know that communication is flowing both ways, I will only contact you through the support request page AND this forum - IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTINUE A THREAD.

Have I told you that I am not a fan of modern technology ?!?!?

Anyhow, it's 12.20am and I'm a bit over it.

Thanks again and kind regards to the real CCleaner guys.

God bless

BnS

03 - 08 - 2021 CCleaner Login attempt pictures.docx 05 - 09 - 2022 CCleaner Pro and Kamo 2 year Licences.docx 24 - 06 - 2022 a.docx 24 - 06 - 2022 b CCleaner problems Screen Shots.docx 24 - 06 - 2022 c CCleaner Forum Help Request.docx 25 - 06 - 2022.docx

Edited by Dave CCleaner
noted the fake chat link (thanks) and removed it for safety

• Admin
11 hours ago, BnS said:

Anyhow, it's 12.20am and I'm a bit over it.

2:24 AM here - will be back with you in the morning.  Good to hear that "Jennifer" and co don't seem to have caused you any mischief other than wasted time.

@BnS: Since I may need to send you your licence information (and posting it here publicly is a bad idea), you might be getting a private message from me at some point (you should get an email from the forum to alert you to this).

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Reggie (Piriform Support)

Jun 30, 2022, 00:11 GMT+1

Hi Bernd,

In behalf of my colleague Shin as he's not currently available, We understand that you that you can't login into your account and I'll be glad to help you out on your concern. 

On this issue First of all just to set a proper expectation, Our support account login has been disabled for the time being as it didn't really provide the user with any benefits, and as such, there'd be nowhere for you to login or reset password.

There is nothing to log into anymore as we disabled that part of our website. Our users don't have accounts on CCleaner.com anymore.

All license keys can be recovered using the recovery tool on our help center or here on the support ticket.

If you have any other questions or concerns, or if you need anything else, please feel free to email me back.

Kind regards,

Reggie | CCleaner Support - Manila, Philippines

piriform_pear_ZD.PNG

Shin (Piriform Support)

Jun 25, 2022, 12:47 GMT+1

Hi Bernd,

Anne and Neri isn't available as of the moment. Rest assured that I will take over and help you with your concern.

I'm really sorry that you have to experience this registration issue.

Do you know that you can access our Premium Tech perk of your license?

Meaning to say our live chat agent can cater your technical or any concerns via our live chat.

You can access it by clicking this link: https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/chat-services 

Kindly enable the pop-up so that you can easily access our live chat.

I hope that you're doing well. 

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Shin | CCleaner Support - Manila, Philippines

Hey Reggie, Dave, Shin, Anne and Neri, it's Bernd.

30/06/2022

I have clicked on the reply / send link via TPG through CHROME - I WILL ASK AGAIN - PLEASE TELL ME IF Chrome HAS WORKED. I have also sent it through FIREFOX   AND the support page AND now, the forum.

Now, do I understand you correctly, Reggie...

I can't log in to my CCleaner account - in fact, no one can log in to their own CCleaner account?????

QUESTION 1/ So how do I change the computers which I have registered with you ?????

I have 3 registered with you which are dead - how do I change this?????   WILL YOU PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM FOR 12 MONTHS - AND I'M GETTING VERY TIRED OF ASKING.

ALSO WHY DOES NOT ONE OF YOUR CCLEANER STAFF  ( Nina, Anne, or earlier this week, Dave, on the CCleaner Forum ) EVER ANSWER MY EMAILS WHICH I HAVE SENT THROUGH NORMAL EMAIL - I ONLY EVER GET RESPONSE IF I GO TO YOUR SUPPORT@CCLEANER.COM PAGE !!!

WHY???

Please note – I did not respond to Shin because I responded to Dave on the forum .

As I have said on MORE THAN ONE OCCASION , it seems to me that you are not getting my emails - it seems that YOU HAVE BLOCKED MY EMAILS.

We seem to be going around in circles - if I were dealing with a local business, I would have spoken with them personally and if I still had no answer after 12 months - A WHOLE YEAR - I would have asked for my money back and reported them to the authorities.

PLEASE HELP ME CHANGE THE COMPUTERS IN MY ACCOUNT ???!!!

Bernd 
I'm sorry Dave, you did, in fact , respond to me, but then I seem to have lost you as well.