"Windows 11 must be stopped" (???)

Willy2

The person in this video burns Windows 11 down to ground. He gives several reasons why - in his opinion - Windows 11 is going to be a disaster. He points out that - bit by bit - Microsoft is forcing the user to no longer to own but rent the software one is using on one's computer. More and more users are forced to use "The Cloud" on a rental basis. More and more computer users won't be able to (really) own their own computer and their own data anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcafzHL8iBQ

My knowledge of Windows 10 or 11 is close to zero. That's why I have the following questions:

Do other people share the concerns/the worries this person is bringing forward ? Is Windows 11 indeed the "software monster" as portrayed in this video ? Is this really a big problem ?

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• Moderators

Looked at the video and he has some very valid points. Although practically all software including games is heading that way. I knew some computers were for Windows only, but never really knew the reason why when for example looking at a YouTube review of a laptop or Mini PC where the reviewer stated he/she couldn't get any Linux distro to run.

I'm more on the side of how video games and game consoles (already a locked down eco-system long before Microsoft farted out the though of locking PCs into being Windows only machines) will be in the very near future (i.e.; no Bluray/DVD drives in any consoles in the future is what I expect) and if wanting to play a game a subscription service will have to be bought, etc., and perhaps along with buying the game too versus how Microsoft currently does things with their arguably generous Xbox subscription service for people not wanting to actually buy whole games finish them and then never bother playing them again.

Edit:
Have to mention it seems since the Windows XP era that every version of Windows released after that which I can remember has had someone doomsaying something about it and why to avoid it. Party true but there are other choices albeit locked down alternatives like a Chromebook, etc., or someone can just build their own PC or Mini PC and install whatever Linux distro they want.

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators

It's just human nature with anything new/changed and has always gone on, how far back do you want to go?

"I don't care for these new steam ships,  they only make them so that you have to keep buying coal, I'll stick with my old windjammer thanks that's paid for".
"These new iron axes don't last as long as the old stone axes we use to get".

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 months later...

w11 is not the problem ;-)

as i read... ms will w11 updating to w12 perhaps in 2024 and after this every 3 years a "major update" with a "new" windows-version

https://www.pcwelt.de/news/Windows-12-koennte-bereits-2024-erscheinen-Microsoft-aendert-Update-Plaene-11265895.html

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

On 18/05/2022 at 18:49, Willy2 said:

The person in this video burns Windows 11 down to ground. He gives several reasons why - in his opinion - Windows 11 is going to be a disaster. He points out that - bit by bit - Microsoft is forcing the user to no longer to own but rent the software one is using on one's computer. More and more users are forced to use "The Cloud" on a rental basis. More and more computer users won't be able to (really) own their own computer and their own data anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcafzHL8iBQ

My knowledge of Windows 10 or 11 is close to zero. That's why I have the following questions:

Do other people share the concerns/the worries this person is bringing forward ? Is Windows 11 indeed the "software monster" as portrayed in this video ? Is this really a big problem ?

IMHO: 

Windows 11 will not be the problem, rather any computer manufacturers who sell out to microsoft will be.

The guy on the video is factually accurate.
The posts on here are factually accurate and I agree with the opinions expressed.
But: . . .
Most everybody is missing the big picture, that is to say, the trends. These are sort of identified in that video, but with little emphasis on why.

IMHO, The trend is the big boys are trying to figure out some way to get more cash out of users by limiting the capabilities of their hardware.
Just my opinion.

I have no problem with an operating system being a "rental property". I have no problem with good software that comes with a price tag, or even a "rental" agreement.

I have a BIG problem with my computer (meaning the physical apparatus on this table here), being constrained so that it will only run some pre-approved operating systems or softwares.
Whether this is done by means of the TPM, the UEFI, or whatever, it is unacceptable. It's my computer, if I want to run Slitaz on it I will.

All the alarmists & apologists have been shown wrong.
Win xp runs very well here, as does win 8.1, as did win 7 until my hardware failed.
Win 10 (the LAST windows, remember?) runs very well on the computer I'm on right now.
All the hype about how dangerous those older OS's are has proven false here. And I am probably the least tekkie member of this forum.

That said, I'm not at all hopeful that these trends can be stopped.
Bummer.

End rant. :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.