DISCREPANCY IN THE AMOUNT CLEANED

When I run HEALTH CHECK, I'm told it cleaned "X" amount of MB from the system.

When I run CUSTOM CLEAN, the analyze result is always "X" of MB to be removed, and after you RUN CLEANER, it is always 10 times "X" is removed.

WHY?

Thanks.....

Guest johnccleaner

It's not unexpected for Health Check to show one amount and Custom Clean to show another (Health Check uses a predefined set of Cleaning Rules, whereas you can customize what Rules are and are not used for Custom Clean, hence the name). It's also not unexpected for the Analysis process and the Cleaning process' amounts to vary a little, as temporary files may certainly be deleted or created between the two steps. 

However, that does definitely seem odd; if anything, I would expect it to be the other way around, with less cleaned than analyzed (as files may be visible to the software but not accessible because they're in use by other programs). 

Mind checking if this still occurs if you run right after restarting the computer via the Start menu, before you run any other programs? (There will still be some programs running in the background that started up with Windows, but it at least cuts down the number of programs that would be impacting the system.)

If this persists, I'd suggest making a debug file indicating this behavior as described here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048363751 and getting this to our support team so it can be investigated further. You can contact our support team via the Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=86507 or by emailing support@ccleaner.com directly.