Your Cleaning Suggestions

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi everyone, you can place all your suggestions for new areas of cleaning here in this thread.

• It's fine to create a separate thread with details, screenshots, examples and then link it here.
  • Your suggestions can be high-level or very detailed and technical; either is fine.
  • What's really useful is to understand "Why is this cleaning important to you?" This will help us to prioritise our time and efforts.
  • We may follow up with questions, using @mention, which will email the address you used to register to the forums. You can manage your notifications in your forum account.

Going forward, our Cleaning Squad will use this thread as a first port of call for reviewing all the cleaning suggestions together. They will combine that with their other forms of research: reviewing changes in Windows and major browsers, and cleaning gap analysis of other cleaning products.

• 5 weeks later...

1) I would like to see a Run command added to CCleaner.

Currently I use a batch program to run CCleaner before my PC shuts down, it calls the script: "tasklist | find /i "msedge.exe" && taskkill /im msedge.exe /f /t"

so that Microsoft Edge (and all child processes are closed) so CCleaner can give Windows 10 a full cleaning.

I think it would be amazing if there was an internal method of: "Run command before CCleaner starts" so I wouldn't have to rely on a batch program to do this.

2) Also, I made another suggestion in one of my previous posts (and the solution) to add a CCleaner icon to the Recycle Bin Context Menu.

--

Those are my thoughts, thanks!

Untitled.png

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Thanks for the suggestions Bandit!

Is it accurate to say that the main reasons you want to script actions before running CCleaner are:

1. to clean more thoroughly (close browsers so they can be cleaned along with everything else)
  2. to clean at a more convenient time (when browsers are not in use)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,  can you add software update for the Corsair iCUE software, i was several versions behind and i would like for this to be included in the driver/software updater if you can.   

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Thank you so much :)

My name is short for durango dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

In English:
In the function "custom clean" I would find profit the possibility to activate or to also disarm in block the various sections they leave you plan the sub-options of each of these.

In Italiano:
Nella funzione "Pulizia personalizzata" troverei utile la possibilità di attivare o disattivare in blocco le varie sezioni pur lasciano impostate le sotto-opzioni di ognuna di queste.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, paololrp said:

In English:
In the function "custom clean" I would find profit the possibility to activate or to also disarm in block the various sections they leave you plan the sub-options of each of these.

In Italiano:
Nella funzione "Pulizia personalizzata" troverei utile la possibilità di attivare o disattivare in blocco le varie sezioni pur lasciano impostate le sotto-opzioni di ognuna di queste.

Right click a heading (such as edge chromium) and choose uncheck all

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

In English:

Thanks.
However my application was some thinnest!
If I deselect all, loses the state of the planned selections.
If, instead I was able deselect the block, I could leave the active options for a following cleaning.
Otherwise, for re-select as they were previously to the deselecting I am forced to take it notices of it.

In Italiano:

Grazie.
Però la mia richiesta era un po' più sottile!
Se deseleziono tutto, perdo lo stato delle selezioni impostate.
Se, invece, potessi deselezionare il blocco potrei lasciare le opzioni attive per una successiva pulizia.
Altrimenti, per reimpostarle com'erano precedentemente alla deselezione sono costretto a prenderne nota.