New Performance Optimizer not working with admin rights

juerau

Hi, I'must be one of the selected users for this new tool. But: When I run CCleaner in non-admin mode I can see this new feature on the left side. (see picture one). I can do nothing, because this tool requires admin rights. So far so good. When I now open CCleaner with admin rights, the new tool on the left side is no longer visible and not there. Very strange.

My PC runs with Win 11 Pro - Version 21H2

Can someone help or explain.

Thx.

CC-Cleaner - Non Admin.png

CC-Cleaner - Admin.png

• Moderators

As you have found the preview/trial of the new Perfomance Optimizer does not currently work properly.

It's one reason for doing a preview rather than a full release, to catch any 'late' bugs.

They have identified one problem and will fix it for May's update to CCleaner.

However yours is slightly different to what we have so far seen, what we have seen is that it runs but just gives a blank screen instead of any results.

What you are seeing may be because you have Windows 11, but when you installed/updated CCleaner did you do it as an Admin or as a standard user?
I also note that you are using different languages for the admin/non-admin users, I'm not sure if that could be relevant or not.

I'll pass this on to the staff, but all we can do is wait for the next update to CCleaner.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Stephen CCleaner

This issue is not one we're already aware of. Thank you for reporting it!

I'm curious if you can reproduce the behaviour when explicitly closing down all instances of CCleaner (GUI, shown in the Taskbar) and also the Cleaning Service manager (icon in the Windows Notifications Area). If you don't have time to spend to try this out not a problem, we'll check it out it due course.

I suspect this doesn't block the feature forever after these steps, but may hide it until either CCleaner is fully restarted, or until Windows is restarted. The key thing behind it is that Performance Optimizer uses a background service to manage putting apps to sleep, keeping them slept across Windows restarts, and waking them up again safely when call on by you or another application. This service is not on by default - only if you use the feature. So if you 'unsleep' all your apps the service will be deregistered and will no longer run in the background. (This is also the case if your license to CCleaner Professional expires, since it is a paid-for feature.)

So I suspect that as the service requires Admin, something about failing to set it up is setting a semi-permanent flag to not try to set this service up again, and this flag isn't being reset when run as an admin. Or it may be simply that you cannot run the service on a non-Admin Windows user account, I'd have to check with our developers.

The other possibility is that this is somehow specific to Windows 11.

Thanks again for reporting!

Just for your information. When I shut down all CCleaner- Instances (Taskbar, Tray-Icon, etc.) and start this directly from my admin-Account (not the non-admin account with admin rights), I unfortunately have still the same behaviour. I can't see this option on the left side.

• Moderators

The blank screen issue is a known bug in the preview/beta release. I get it myself.

The next CCleaner update is due very shortly (this week) and we are told it is fixed in that.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

13 minutes ago, nukecad said:

The blank screen issue is a known bug in the preview/beta release. I get it myself.

The next CCleaner update is due very shortly (this week) and we are told it is fixed in that.

Thanks for the info!

• Moderators

Sooner than I thought - CCleaner v6.00.9727 has just been released.

The Performance Optimiser is now functioning on my laptop.