Kamo Turns off "Keep my computer activities private"

lerouxm

I have an unresolved issue for some time now:  "Keep my computer activities private" is turned OFF by itself. If I flip it back on, it stays on for a while, then turns off automatically. Any help / assistance will be appreciated. I have reported this before without any resolve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest johnccleaner

This is being investigated; unfortunately, it's not a simple thing to track down.

In short, this is checking the status of a several registry entries relating to feedback to Microsoft.

The thing is, however, that there really isn't a way to "lock" a registry setting; Kamo can turn them to the off state, but then other programs on the computer, Windows Updates, and the like can turn them right back on. 

We're looking into seeing if there's anything that we can do to prevent this, but for now, unfortunately the only advice that I can offer is to turn this back on when you see it turned off.

(My understanding is that this will show 'Off' when any of the registry entries it covers are set to allow automated feedback, so it's not likely that much information is being sent back to Microsoft, likely only one program that you may or may not even use. But, still understandable to be concerned, of course.)