Getting tired of having to uninstall ccleaner to use the driver updater(Pro usr)

0wl

Everytime I want to update my drivers it asks me to connect to the internet when I already am - this leads me into uninstalling ccleaner, reinstalling it and re-activating it. It's getting frustraiting, I paid for this program why doesn't work like it should? 

• Moderators

When something lets (part of) CCleaner run only once, and then not again unless you reinstall CCleaner, then it's usually an AntiVirus/Firewall doing the blocking.

Which AntiVirus are you using and what version is it at? (Version number please, not just 'up to date').

It also helps if we know your Windows version/build and CCleaner version.

Having said that, if this happens when you are trying to actually update a driver then it could simply be that the particular server that CCleaner is trying to fetch the update from is not available (at that time).
That would show the same 'not connected' error message.
But in that case a reinstall shouldn't work either.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 06/04/2022 at 09:41, nukecad said:

When something lets (part of) CCleaner run only once, and then not again unless you reinstall CCleaner, then it's usually an AntiVirus/Firewall doing the blocking.

Which AntiVirus are you using and what version is it at? (Version number please, not just 'up to date').

It also helps if we know your Windows version/build and CCleaner version.

Having said that, if this happens when you are trying to actually update a driver then it could simply be that the particular server that CCleaner is trying to fetch the update from is not available (at that time).
That would show the same 'not connected' error message.
But in that case a reinstall shouldn't work either.

Thanks for the reply,

I only have windows firewall/defender running and it's all up to date.

I have malwarebytes pro aswell but that does not run unless I ask it to.

The version I am on is v5.91.9537 (64-bit)

Screenshot 2022-04-10 015552.png

Edited by 0wl

• Moderators

Malwarebytes doesn't normally affect CCleaner.

Does your CCleaner run normally apart from this Driver Updater issue?

Is this internet block happening when you search for drivers, or when you actually try to update any drivers that have been found?
(Do you know if it's a particular driver?).

Malwarebytes (or Defender) may not like/trust a particular website that Driver Updater is trying to connect to, in which case it would block that connection.
Whilst it's unlikely that is happening, to rule out Malwarebytes as the cause of the block you could try temporarily turning off the RTP modules in Malwarebytes, see below. (Don't forget to turn them back on).
But be aware that if it is Malwarebytes blocking the connection then that's probably for a good reason. (Although it could be a false positive).

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Malwarebytes Current version is 4.5.7.186, Update package 1.0.53445, Component package 1.0.1645.

Malwarebytes Premium (Pro) always runs Real Time Protection unless you specifically disable it.
Malwarebytes can also scan your system and files for anything unusual/nasty - either on an automatic schedule, or if you do a manual scan.
(The Free version has no RTP and only does manual scans).

Malwarebytes Real Time Protection setttings look like this, these are all turned on - slide the button to the left to turn a module off:
Capture.PNG

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 weeks later...

So I checked all my firewalls for blocked apps / windows and malwarebytes, no ccleaner is not blocked. Nope not just the driver update the performance optimiser doesn't work either, it scans then goes to a white blank screen.

Justout of curiosity I uninstalled malwarebytes but i'm still having the same issues. I don't think they conflict.

Edited by 0wl

When you uninstall CCleaner are you using Windows own Uninstaller or a third party?
I would try uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller free, once the default uninstall has finished you should then scan for leftovers - I use the aggressive scan. Then try installing again.

I run Defender & MalwareBytes Premium & CCleaner works fine.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.

• Moderators

The only other thing I can think of is you could also look for any blocks in the Windows HOSTS file for following URLs (and anything that appears before them such as healthcheck.ccleaner.com) which are all related to CCleaner and should not be blocked since blocking "may cause issues" for your purchased features:

avast.com
avcdn.net
ccleaner.com
piriform.com

39 minutes ago, Andavari said:

The only other thing I can think of is you could also look for any blocks in the Windows HOSTS file for following URLs (and anything that appears before them such as healthcheck.ccleaner.com) which are all related to CCleaner and should not be blocked since blocking "may cause issues" for your purchased features:

avast.com
avcdn.net
ccleaner.com
piriform.com

Thank you - that was a good suggestion but no nothing related to ccleaner in the hosts file either.

Edited by 0wl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @0wl  To help us investigate further, can you please attach the log file that is created when running CCleaner in debug mode, using the following steps?

1. Open the "Run" dialog in Windows (On the keyboard, hold/release the Windows (?name=Windows+Logo.png) and "R" keys simultaneously)
  2. Type: CCleaner.exe /debug > click OK
  3. When CCleaner opens, use the Driver Updater to replicate the reported problem
  4. Close out of CCleaner

Afterwards, a log file will be generated in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder and it will be named in the format of "CCleaner_[version]_[date]_[time].log". Please attach this file.