ccleaner gone from taskbar

Hello;
  I'm using a windows 8.1. I have tagged CCleaner in startup to run & clean on startup in the windows taskbar. The problem is it stopped appearing in the taskbar when I renewed my license. I still have an icon on home screen, and when I double-click it brings up the icon in the taskbar-running.                                                      
 When I first noticed this behavior, I checked the startup menu and found "NO" record of CCleaner documents or downloads. Further the registry cleaner refuses to clear Active X files left behind.  Thank-You

• Moderators

Hi,

"Run a one-time clean with the custom clean tool on startup" does not put an icon on the taskbar.
It simply runs a clean in the background when you startup and then closes.
It very briefly puts an icon in the System Tray while it cleans, but it's often that quick that you don't notice it.

Are you meaning that you want a CCleaner icon on the Taskbar, or are you meaning you want one in the the System Tray?
(The System Tray is the area to the right of the taskbar which contains the Clock, speaker icon, wifi icon, etc).

If you are meaning the main Taskbar then:

1. Open CCleaner.
  2. Right-Click the icon that appears in the Taskbar.
  3. In the menu that pops-up select 'Pin to Taskbar'
  4. It will now stay there when you close the CCleaner window.

Yours may (will) look different to this but the 'pin' option should still be there:

image.png

However if you are meaning the system tray:

2 things in CCleaner will run in the background, and so Windows will put an icon in your System Tray if you select either or both:

1. Options>Updates>Keep CCleaner updated automatically.
  2. Options>Smart Cleaning>Enable Smart Cleaning

image.png

There is also the old legacy setting - Options>Advanced>Minimise to system tray.
If ticked then that will put an icon in the tray when you minimise the User Interface, it's not realy needed in newer windows versions where you can simply pin CCleaner to the taskbar instead.

Registry:
I suspect that your registry issue is the 'Speech Runtime' toast notifier?
That, (and there are a few others), is needed by Windows and if you remove it then it will always come back.
NOTE - We recommend that you don't use the registry cleaner on a regular basis.
See this (it's says Win 10 but also applies to 8.1) and the post below it from Dave CCleaner:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59952-i-get-a-registry-error-on-ccleaner-on-windows-10-i-have-scanned-5-times/#comment-326797

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to ccleaner gone from taskbar