CCleaner slow to open

RobRay

• Moderators

My v5.91 is now taking 1 to 3 seconds to open, - when I first got it it was taking about 8-15 seconds to open.
The previous 2 versions were also very slow to open for me.

I noticed that mine had speeded up again after I had installed the optional Windows Cumulative Update last week (KB5011543).
So I'm figuring that it's a Windows issue slowing down CCleaners opening, probably something in the security suite.

If you don't do optional updates then you should get it in the Windows Patch Tuesday updates, which should be 12th April

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks nukecad.  I have CCleaner Pro 5.91.. and have already installed KB5011543.  Still very slow for CCleaner to open, approx 20 sec.  I tried uninstalling KB5011543, made no difference and re-installed, still no difference.  Must be something else on my PC. (Win 10 64b).

• Moderators

One thing to test if you use Microsoft Defender Antivirus that's built into Windows 10/11 is to go into it's 'Manage Settings' area and temporarily disable 'Cloud-delivered protection' which for me started making allot of things open really slow, so slow in fact I've left it off.

Perhaps there's a clue to the slow opening in the attached screen shot of the Task Manager. Looks as though some pretty heavy pre-processing is going on before CCleaner displays.  No idea what this means.

CCleaner Task Manager.jpg

One thing I should have perhaps pointed out is that I have purchased 2 copies of CCleaner Pro. One on my main PC and the other on my backup PC.  The backup is an old Zoostorm PC, replaced Win 7 by Win 10.  The CCleaner version and the Windows updates are the same on both PCs. However my backup PC has no problem with opening CCleaner in about 1 sec.   On my main PC, once CCleaner is opened, it appears to be working as normal.

• Moderators

Have you tried as a test uninstalling CCleaner on the main PC, rebooting, and then checking that no instances of it are left on the machine ?

Then reinstall a new download of CCleaner (you can just download free version and put in your licence details to turn it into pro version.)

Don't forget to make a copy.txt of your licence number and user name when purchased etc first

Don't forget to choose all the setting you like to have it set to when you reinstall.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi Hazlel,

I was always a bit reluctant to uninstall in case just the licence key was insufficient to return everything.  I've done it now and activating with the old licence key returned everything including the correct funding.  More importantly CCleaner is now back to normal and opens up quickly.  Still a bit of a mystery as to how it got corrupted.  Thanks very much for your help.

Regards

Robert